Wednesday, 23 November 2016
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Martin Conway that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Transport,...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Railway Stations (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport. Senator Conway is on parade.
- Poultry Industry (15 speeches)
Before I proceed with Senator Mullen's Commencement matter, I note that it deals with a sensitive subject matter which has the potential to affect adversely the reputations of individuals. I...
- Live Exports (5 speeches)
It was with deep shock and alarm that we heard the news last week that Cork Marts proposes to pull out of the export trade of live calves. It is a very important trade because it takes the glut...
- Local Employment Service (8 speeches)
I thank the Minister for coming to the House to talk about this very important issue. I speak today in the context of the figures released that 52% of the total number of people unemployed are...
- Order of Business (265 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Planning and Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Bill 2016 - Committee Stage, to be taken at 12.45 p.m., to adjourn at 4 p.m. and, if not previously...
- Planning and Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Bill 2016: Committee Stage (172 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government, Deputy Coveney.
- Micro-plastic and Micro-bead Pollution Prevention Bill 2016: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Micro-plastic and Micro-bead Pollution Prevention Bill 2016: Second Stage (128 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am quite distraught. At 5.30 p.m. yesterday, I got notice from the Minister's office that he wished to decline the Second Reading....
- Planning and Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Bill 2016: Committee Stage (Resumed) (229 speeches)