Wednesday, 5 November 2014
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Cáit Keane that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Health to...
- Order of Business (248 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, statements on Irish Water, to be taken at 11.45, with the contribution of all Senators not to exceed five minutes and the Minister to be called on to reply to the...
- Irish Water: Motion (2 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann requests the Government to initiate legislation to provide for a constitutional referendum to enshrine the ownership of Irish Water to the Irish people in perpetuity.
- Irish Water: Statements (295 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government, Deputy Kelly, to the House for statements on Irish Water.
- Criminal Justice (Terrorist Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2014: Committee and Remaining Stages (12 speeches, 1 comment)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of the Taoiseach, Deputy Dara Murphy, to the House. This is his first time in Seanad Éireann so I wish him well in his new portfolio and...
- Criminal Justice (Mutual Assistance) (Amendment) Bill 2014: Committee and Remaining Stages (4 speeches)
Sections 1 to 35, inclusive, agreed to.
- Penal Reform: Motion (23 speeches)
I move: "That Seanad Éireann - - notes the publication in March 2013 of the Report on Penal Reform by the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Justice, Defence and Equality; - notes further the...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Technological Universities (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister to the House to take this Adjournment matter and thank her for taking it because I am sure she knows it is a very important issue for the people of Waterford and the entire...
- Hospital Closure (4 speeches)
I wish to raise the proposed closure of Crooksling hospital in Brittas. This is a high dependency unit that cares for the elderly from the surround areas. The majority of residents need a high...
- Care of the Elderly Provision (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Health, Deputy Kathleen Lynch, to the House because I know she shares an interest in, a concern and a genuine regard for the issues we are...