Tuesday, 7 October 2014
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Rónán Mullen that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for...
- Order of Business (45 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Vehicle Clamping Bill 2014 - Order for Second Stage and Second Stage, to be taken at 3.45 p.m. and to be adjourned no later than 6 p.m., if not previously...
- Visit of Austrian Delegation (1 speech)
Before I call Senator Norris, I am sure Members would like to join me in welcoming a parliamentary delegation from the Republic of Austria, led by His Excellency Dr. Heinz Fischer, Federal...
- Order of Business (Resumed) (95 speeches)
I join in the welcome to our distinguished Austrian colleagues. The longer the McNulty affair continues, the more everybody, particularly in political life, is negatively affected. I have been...
- Vehicle Clamping Bill 2014: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to provide for the regulation of the immobilisation of vehicles and related activities in certain places and in this regard to confer functions on the National Transport...
- Vehicle Clamping Bill 2014: Second Stage (37 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Criminal Justice (Terrorist Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2014: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to give effect to Council Framework Decision 2008/919/JHA of 28 November 2008 amending Framework Decision 2002/475/JHA on combating terrorism; to give effect to the Council...
- Criminal Justice (Terrorist Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2014: Second Stage (12 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time".
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Technological Universities (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Education and Skills, Deputy Jan O'Sullivan, to the House. I call on Senator Mullen to raise the first Adjournment matter. He has four minutes.
- Suicide Prevention (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister and congratulate her on assuming her new portfolio. It is great to see her in this role. This is the first time I have addressed her since she took over at the Department...
- Drugs Payment Scheme Coverage (3 speeches)
As the Minister of State will be well aware, people who suffer from multiple sclerosis find the disease very debilitating and compromising. My understanding is, however, that a new drug,...
- Appointments to State Boards (10 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht to the House.