Tuesday, 30 November 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14.30 p.m.
- Election of Member to Dáil Éireann (2 speeches)
I wish to announce that Senator Pearse Doherty has been elected to Dáil Éireann and has, accordingly, vacated his seat in Seanad Éireann. On my own behalf and that of the House, I...
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Cecilia Keaveney that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health...
- Order of Business (152 speeches)
As Leader of the House, I congratulate Senator Pearse Doherty on his election to Dáil Éireann and commiserate with all other colleagues, especially Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill, who fought such a...
- Request to move Adjournment of Seanad under Standing Order 30 (29 speeches)
I have received notice from Senator Norris of a motion he wishes to raise under Standing Order 30. I call on the Senator to state the matter of which he has given notice before I give my ruling...
- Order of Business (Resumed) (31 speeches)
I call Senator Mullen on the Order of Business.
- North-South Co-operation on Sex Offenders: Statements (30 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Justice and Law Reform, Deputy Andrews.
- Business of Seanad (18 speeches)
I propose that the House suspend until 5:15 p.m. There is a vote in the Dáil and the Minister of State to be present for Private Members' business is not paired.
- National Recovery Plan 2011-2014: Motion (72 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann: — notes that the Government''s four year plan published on 24 November 2010 contains nothing by way of concrete measures to restore employment; — further notes...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Alcohol Misuse (3 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for allowing me to raise this issue. I also thank the Minister of State, Deputy Andrews, who has responsibility for children for coming to the House to respond. The...
- Health Services (3 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. This motion asks the Minister for Health and Children to ensure adequate funds are made available to Sligo General Hospital for the operation of a...