Wednesday, 3 November 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Fidelma Healy Eames that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for...
- Order of Business (76 speeches)
Before I announce the Order of Business, on my own behalf and that of the House, I extend deepest sympathy to the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Deputy Martin, and his wife, Mary, on the tragic...
- Overcrowding in Prisons: Statements (36 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Justice and Law Reform.
- Business of Seanad (15 speeches)
Under the business ordered today, only five minutes remain before I will be obliged to call the Minister unless there is a change to the Order of Business to the effect that the Leader will allow...
- Overcrowding in Prisons: Statements (Resumed) (6 speeches)
On those grounds, may I cede the speaking slot to Senator McDonald? If that is in order, I will return to the debate on its resumption.
- Seanad Electoral (Panel Members) (Amendment) Bill 2008: Second Stage (Resumed) (11 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Seanad Reform: Motion (61 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann: - believing that it should operate primarily as a House of influence, reform, scrutiny, reflection, consolidation and persuasion and rather than replicate or...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Pension Provisions (6 speeches)
The Minister of State is welcome.
- Schools Building Projects (3 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach and welcome the Minister of State to the House to discuss this important matter. As her background is in education, she will be only too aware of the importance of a...
- Palliative Care Services (3 speeches)
Go raibh maith agat, a Chathaoirligh. Yesterday morning, the people of County Donegal were shocked by what they learned on Highland Radio, the local radio station. The shock did not come from...