Wednesday, 20 May 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Pearse Doherty that on the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health and Children to...
- Order of Business (20 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re European Commission proposals on Schengen evaluation mechanisms; No. 2, statements on the organic food industry; No. 3, Companies (Amendment) Bill 2009 -...
- Visit of Kenyan Delegation (1 speech)
Before I call the next speaker, I am sure the Members of the House will wish to join me in welcoming a delegation from the Kenyan Parliamentary Service Commission, led by the Hon. Walter...
- Order of Business (Resumed) (51 speeches)
I have raised the matter of the competitiveness of Irish industry on numerous occasions in this House. Many Irish businesses are unable to compete abroad. It is scandalous that some Departments...
- European Council Regulations: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option, provided by Article 3 of the fourth Protocol set out in the Treaty of Amsterdam, to notify the...
- Organic Food Industry: Statements (124 speeches)
The Minister of State, Deputy Sargent, is welcome to the House. I invite him to speak on this matter.
- Companies (Amendment) Bill 2009: Order for Committee Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Committee Stage be taken now."
- Companies (Amendment) Bill 2009: Committee Stage (186 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Organ Retention (2 speeches)
I thank Senator Doherty for facilitating me with a change in the order this evening. I welcome the Minister of State and thank the Cathaoirleach for allowing me to raise this very important...
- Home Help Services. (4 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit. Ba mhaith liom an tacaíocht atá ar fáil ina dtithe féin do seandaoine agus daoine tinn a phlé. Is cúis imní í an cheist seo do mór-chuid daoine i...
- Services for People with Disabilities. (7 speeches)
I wish to share one minute with Senator Cassidy.