Tuesday, 4 February 2003
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator McHugh that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Communications,...
- Order of Business. (57 speeches)
Today's Order of Business is No. 2, Immigration Bill 2002 – Report and Final Stages, to be concluded today.
- Immigration Bill 2002: Report Stage. (22 speeches)
Before we commence, I remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage, except for the proposer of an amendment who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. Also, on Report...
- Visit of British Delegation. (1 speech)
An Leas-Chathaoirleach: I would like to extend a warm welcome from this House to the members of the House of Commons Broadcasting Committee.
- Immigration Bill 2002: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage. (46 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 6:
- Adjournment Matters. - Fisheries Policy. (3 speeches)
I acknowledge the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources, Deputy Ahern's, participation with the delegation from Donegal after Christmas. I also acknowledge his honesty. A few...
- Adjournment Matters. - Juvenile Detention Centre. (2 speeches)
I thank the Chair for selecting this issue which is of parochial concern to me and the residents of the Tallaght-Clondalkin area. I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Brian Lenihan, who is a...
- Adjournment Matters. - Hospital Services. (3 speeches)
Prior to the Christmas recess I tabled a similar motion about the conditions obtaining in unit nine of James Connolly Memorial Hospital, Blanchardstown. At that time, I was informed in the reply...