Thursday, 30 January 2003
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Terry that on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and Science...
- Private Business. - The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (Charters Amendment) Bill 2002: Report from the Examiner of Private Bills. (2 speeches)
Report from the Examiner of Private Bills that in The case of the application for leave to introduce The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (Charters Amendment) Bill 2002 the Standing Orders...
- Order of Business. (59 speeches)
The Order of Business today is No. 2, Immigration Bill 2002 – Committee Stage (resumed). I have spoken to the Whips and we hope to conclude at 2 p.m.
- Immigration Bill, 2002: Committee Stage (Resumed). (16 speeches)
- Request to Move Adjournment of the Seanad under Standing Order 29. (8 speeches)
I have notice from Senator Norris regarding a motion he wishes to raise under Standing Order 29. I call Senator Norris to give notice of the motion before I give my ruling.
- Immigration Bill, 2002: Committee Stage (Resumed). (14 speeches)
- Distinguished Visitors. (1 speech)
I extend a warm welcome to Monsieur Christian Jacob, the French Minister with responsibility for the family, and his party who join us in the Distinguished Visitors Gallery. Céad míle fáilte...
- Adjournment Matters. - School Funding. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the Seanad. I also welcome the French Minister and his party and I hope they enjoy their visit. I am raising a very local issue which I am sure will be familiar...
- Adjournment Matters. - MRSA Prevalence in Hospitals. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. I raised this motion on the Adjournment because I became aware of this problem with MRSA recently when a person I know suffered from it. I understand that it is...