Wednesday, 24 March 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Resignation of Member (1 speech)
Before proceeding with the business of the day I wish to announce for the information of the House that I received a letter of resignation from Deputy Martin Cullen today, 24 March, as a Member...
- Ministerial Appointments: Announcement by Taoiseach (1 speech)
Before proceeding to Leaders' Questions, I wish to bring an announcement to the attention of the House regarding ministerial and Minister of State appointments. I wish to announce for the...
- Leaders' Questions (46 speeches)
The absence of Fianna Fáil members on the backbenches-----
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- International Agreements. (72 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his attendance at the United National conference on climate change in Copenhagen; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [48428/09]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (41 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on the Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business (385 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 6, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of a Council Decision on the conclusion of the agreement between the European Union and the Republic of Iceland and the...
- European Union Council Decisions: Motions (4 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of the area of...
- George Mitchell Scholarship Fund (Amendment) Bill 2010: From the Seanad (7 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider an amendment from the Seanad.
- Petroleum (Exploration and Extraction) Safety Bill 2010 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Petroleum (Exploration and Extraction) Safety Bill 2010 [Seanad]: Report Stage (34 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 7, line 48, after "system" to insert "for both employees and the general public". I acknowledge that the Minister of State has accepted a significant number of the...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- State Airports. (24 speeches)
Question 59: To ask the Minister for Transport the reason for the decision to terminate the facility management procurement process relating to terminal 2 at Dublin Airport; and if he will make...
- Air Rescue Services. (22 speeches)
Question 61: To ask the Minister for Transport the reason he has decided to downgrade Waterford search and rescue helicopter services to a 12 hour service; the impact this will have on an...
- Railway Safety. (10 speeches)
Question 62: To ask the Minister for Transport if he will publish in full all reports he has received into the collapse of the Broadmeadow railway bridge, Malahide, County Dublin; if he has met...
- Weather Damage Repairs. (8 speeches)
Question 63: To ask the Minister for Transport if he will provide a detailed assessment of the €180 million cost for repairing damage caused by the recent weather conditions as estimated by...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Taxi Regulation. (12 speeches)
Question 64: To ask the Minister for Transport when the Commission for Taxi Regulation will be incorporated into the National Transport Authority; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Road Traffic Offences. (10 speeches)
Question 65: To ask the Minister for Transport when the Road Traffic Bill 2009 will be enacted; when the reduced blood alcohol limits will be introduced; his views on the Road Safety Authority...
- State Airports. (23 speeches)
Question 66: To ask the Minister for Transport if he is currently examining proposals for the development of any new aircraft maintenance or engineering initiatives at Dublin, Cork or Shannon...
- Rail Accidents. (16 speeches)
Question 67: To ask the Minister for Transport the discussion he has had with Irish Rail over failed safety monitoring systems prior to the collapse of the viaduct at Malahide, County Dublin;...
- Road Traffic Offences. (8 speeches)
Question 68: To ask the Minister for Transport his views on whether national road safety has been compromised after 18,000 drivers who had committed road safety offences got away without a...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Joe McHugh - the need to...
- Private Notice Questions (0 speeches)
- Passport Applications. (39 speeches)
I will call on the Deputies who tabled questions to the Minister for Foreign Affairs in the order in which they submitted their questions to my office. Deputy Billy Timmins asked the Minister for...
- Petroleum (Exploration and Extraction) Safety Bill 2010 [Seanad]: Report Stage (Resumed) (46 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 10 and 11 are related and may be discussed together.
- Road Traffic Bill 2009: Second Stage (Resumed) (48 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Tourism Industry: Motion (Resumed) (70 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Olivia Mitchell on Tuesday, 23 March 2010:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (2 speeches)
I raise a matter of huge importance to east Galway, where there is grave fear that Portiuncula Hospital in Ballinasloe will be downgraded. This concern has come to the fore because of a public...
- Search and Rescue Service. (15 speeches)
Deputies O'Shea, Coveney, Kehoe, Stanton, Deasy and Browne have ten minutes and therefore they will have about a minute and a half each.
- Invalid Marriages. (2 speeches)
I am delighted to have the opportunity to raise this issue. It came to public attention about two weeks ago that foreign couples who married in their countries' embassies in Ireland had...