Wednesday, 10 March 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (87 speeches)
What has been exposed at Tallaght hospital is perhaps the best example of the national failure of this Government. It is one of the best examples of the abject failure of the Minister for Health...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
Public Service Reform.
- Public Service Reform. (54 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on implementation of the recommendation of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development report on the reform of the public...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (7 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business (319 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 18, Finance Bill 2010 - Report and Final Stages (Resumed); and No. 19, Road Traffic Bill 2009 - Second Stage (Resumed). It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in...
- Finance Bill 2010: Report Stage (Resumed) (131 speeches)
Under the order of the Dáil, Report Stage is to resume on amendment No.3.
- Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Communications, Energy and Natural resources has completed its consideration of the Petroleum (Exploration and Extraction) Safety Bill 2010 and has made amendments thereto.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Fiscal Policy. (6 speeches)
Question 40: To ask the Minister for Finance the cumulative cuts in the public investment programme made to date; and if further cuts in investment in 2011 represents a sound basis for economic...
- Bank Recapitalisation. (43 speeches)
Question 41: To ask the Minister for Finance if he plans to further recapitalise Anglo Irish Bank in 2010; the impact he expects bank recapitalisation to have on the Exchequer and the general...
- Banking Sector Regulation. (8 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Minister for Finance if he has satisfied himself with the effectiveness of the powers of enforcement when regulatory failures or failures of corporate governance occur in...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Flood Relief. (17 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Minister for Finance if a work programme for flood alleviation work is in place; the aggregate value of works that make up this programme; and the allocation that will be...
- Public Service Reform. (37 speeches)
Question 46: To ask the Minister for Finance if he is satisfied with the performance of his Department; and if he plans any restructuring of the Department. [11605/10]
- Pension Provisions. (17 speeches)
Question 47: To ask the Minister for Finance if his decision to alter the public service pay cut for the top earners will mean a discriminatory impact on their pension rights compared to lower...
- Private Notice Questions (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (96 speeches)
I will call on the Deputies who tabled questions to the Minister for Health and Children in the order in which they submitted their questions to my office. Deputy Jan O'Sullivan asked the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Joe Costello - the need...
- (0 speeches)
- Business of Dáil: Motion (35 speeches)
I move: That the order of the Dáil today concerning Report and Fifth Stages of the Finance Bill 2010 be discharged and the following motion be substituted therefor: The resumed Report and Final...
- Finance Bill 2010: Report Stage (Resumed) (89 speeches)
I move amendment No. 6: In page 15, between lines 2 and 3, to insert the following: 3.—The Principal Act is amended— ) in section 238(2) by the insertion after "yearly interest of money" of...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Land and Conveyancing Law Reform (Review of Rent in Certain Cases) (Amendment) Bill 2010: Second Stage (Resumed) (96 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Finance Bill 2010: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (88 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 19:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
General Practitioner Education.
- General Practitioner Education. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children, Deputy John Moloney, to the House to give details of the Government's recent announcement to increase the number of...
- Health Services. (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for attending to reply to this topic. I compliment Deputy Dooley for the motion and the Minister of State for the reply to the previous matter. As someone who was...
- Child Care Services. (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for being here this evening but I would have liked if the Minister or Minister of State with responsibility for children had come to the House to take this...
- Architectural Heritage. (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to speak on this issue, but I had hoped that the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government would have been here. The 19th century chapel on the grounds...