Tuesday, 9 March 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Staff. (76 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the number of political advisers or assistants appointed by the Attorney General; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [48414/09]
- Legislative Programme. (23 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Taoiseach his legislative priorities for the first half of 2010; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [48415/09]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Structure. (17 speeches)
Question 41: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if she has any plans to restructure her Department. [11669/10]
- Grocery Industry. (10 speeches)
Question 42: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if her attention has been drawn to claims that some major supermarkets are demanding payment of up to...
- Banking Policy. (29 speeches)
Question 43: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if she is satisfied that the banks and other financial institutions are making sufficient credit, new loans...
- Departmental Review. (56 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment, further to chapter 3 of the organisational review programme, a public modernisation initiative under the...
- Economic Competitiveness. (42 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment her views on the fact that businesses are not viable due to high commercial rents; if she will intervene in...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Job Creation. (13 speeches)
Question 46: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if she has had any further discussion with an airline (details supplied) in the past week regarding their...
- Departmental Agencies. (6 speeches)
Question 47: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the number of labour inspectors employed by the National Employment Rights Authority; the number of labour...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Brendan Howlin - future...
- Leaders' Questions (21 speeches)
In recent times we have witnessed the betrayal of children's lives in this country. The Murphy and Ryan reports made shocking revelations about the abuse of children. The initiative taken by...
- Death of Former Member: Expressions of Sympathy (12 speeches)
Thar mo cheann féin agus thar ceann Páirtí an Lucht Oibre, is onóir dom é cúpla focal ómóis a rá faoi Thomás Mac Giolla - iar Theachta Dála, iar Ard-Mhéara Bhaile Átha Cliath agus...
- Request to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (3 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a notice under Standing Order 32. I call on Deputy Terence Flanagan who has submitted the notice to my office.
- Order of Business (70 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 6, Finance Bill 2010 - Financial Resolution; No. 7, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Finance Act 2004 (Section 91) (Deferred Surrender to the...
- Finance Bill 2010: Financial Resolution (1 speech)
I move: THAT section 8 of the Value-Added Tax Act 1972 (No. 22 of 1972), which relates to persons accountable for value-added tax, be amended in the manner and to the extent specified in the Act...
- Finance Act 2004 (Section 91) (Deferred Surrender to the Central Fund) Order 2010: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Finance Act 2004 (Section 91) (Deferred Surrender to the Central Fund) Order 2010, copies of which have been laid in draft form...
- Finance Bill 2010: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Finance Bill 2010: Report Stage (45 speeches)
Amendment No. 2 is consequential on amendment No. 1. The two amendments may be discussed together.
- Broadcasting Act 2009 (Section 33) Levy Order 2010 : Motion (59 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann notes the Broadcasting Act 2009 (Section 33) Levy Order 2010 [S.I. No. 7 of 2010] and the commitment of the Minister and the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) to...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Land and Land Conveyancing Law Reform (Review of Rent in Certain Cases)(Amendment) Bill 2010: Second Stage (46 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I bring before the House, on behalf of the Labour Party, the Land and Conveyancing Law Reform (Review of Rent in Certain Cases)(Amendment) Bill...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Financial Institutions' Credit Supply (2 speeches)
This matter will be of interest to many of the retailers in the country, some of whom are here tonight. At the outset, I thank the Office of the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this important...
- Care of the Elderly. (2 speeches)
I call on the Minister for Health and Children to reverse the cruel decision to cancel day-care services at Plunkett Home, Boyle, County Roscommon, which affects 50 people whose only outlet from...
- Rail Network (2 speeches)
I seldom raise a matter on the Adjournment. I do so only if I feel a matter is of considerable importance. While I very much welcome the presence of the Minister of State, Deputy Áine Brady,...
- Multi-unit Developments (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to speak on what is a growing and major issue in my constituency of Dublin Central. This issue relates to the future of a large number of apartment complexes developed...