Wednesday, 17 June 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (38 speeches)
The Taoiseach is aware that my party has a very different view from the Government's on the proposals to deal with the banking crisis, in particular with regard to the National Asset Management...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Ministerial Travel. (25 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach his plans, in view of the cutbacks being imposed within the Defence Forces, to restrict the use of Air Corps aircraft by Ministers, particularly for travel...
- Freedom of Information Requests. (18 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Taoiseach the number of freedom of information requests received by his Department during March 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [18627/09]
- Official Engagements. (47 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach if he will make a statement on his participation in the Eastern Partnership summit in Prague on 7 May 2009. [18646/09]
- Order of Business (127 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10, motion re Offences against the State (Amendment) Act 1998; No. 4, Financial Services (Deposit Guarantee Scheme) Bill 2009 - Committee and Remaining Stages; and No....
- Offences against the State (Amendment) Act 1998: Motion (15 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann resolves that sections 2 to 4, 6 to 12, 14 and 17 of the Offences against the State (Amendment) Act 1998 (No. 39 of 1998) shall continue in operation for the period of...
- Financial Services (Deposit Guarantee Scheme) Bill 2009 - Committee Stage (28 speeches)
Question proposed: "That section 1 stand part of the Bill."
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Decentralisation Programme. (8 speeches)
Question 24: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs if he will provide a progress report on the decentralisation plans for his Department; and if he will make a statement...
- National Drugs Strategy. (13 speeches)
Question 25: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the number of meetings he or his departmental officials have had or are proposing to have with national sporting...
- Official Languages Act. (16 speeches)
Question 27: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs if he will inform all of the bodies which come within the remit of the Official Languages Act 2003 that an electronic...
- Nuachtáin Gaeilge. (8 speeches)
Question 28: To ask the Aire Gnóthaí Pobail, Tuaithe agus Gaeltachta cad iad na hiarrachtaí atá á ndéanamh chun a chinntiú go leanfar d'fhoilsiú an nuachtáin sheachtainiúil...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
National Drugs Strategy.
- National Drugs Strategy. (26 speeches)
Question 29: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs his views, in view of the economic situation, on whether funding for the interim national drugs strategy and the...
- Polasaí don Ghaeilge. (8 speeches)
Question 30: To ask the Aire Gnóthaí Pobail, Tuaithe agus Gaeltachta cén comhrá a bhí aige leis an gCoimisinéir Teanga maidir lena thuarascáil bhliantúil don bhliain 2008; agus an...
- Tourism Support Services. (7 speeches)
Question 31: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the position in regard to recreational walkers in each county; if they have been appointed; if so, the counties in...
- Dormant Accounts Fund. (2 speeches)
Question 32: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the position in regard to his recent announcement of funding from the dormant accounts fund to support homelessness...
- Dormant Accounts Fund: Family Support Measures (0 speeches)
- Projects Supported Listed by Drugs Taskforce Area (0 speeches)
- Funding to Support Homeless People (22 speeches)
I welcome the dormant account funding for this initiative. The families of drug addicts are often forgotten and there are insufficient supports for them. The reality is that the families are...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Health and Children has completed its consideration of the Health Insurance (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2008, and has made amendments thereto.
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Alan Shatter - the urgent...
- Financial Services (Deposit Guarantee Scheme) Bill 2009: Committee Stage (Resumed) (14 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That section 1 stand part of the Bill."
- Visit of Chinese Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with business, I wish on my own behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a cead mile fáilte, a most sincere welcome, to a delegation from the National...
- Financial Services (Deposit Guarantee Scheme) Bill 2009 - Committee Stage (Resumed) and Remaining Stages (83 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That section 2 stand part of the Bill."
- Broadcasting Bill 2008 [Seanad]: Report Stage (Resumed) (118 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 43:
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Unemployment Levels: Motion (Resumed) (93 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Willie Penrose on Tuesday, 16 June 2009:
- Broadcasting Bill 2008 [Seanad]: Report Stage (Resumed) (77 speeches, 2 comments)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 93a:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Cancer Treatment Services.
- Cancer Treatment Services. (6 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this important item for discussion tonight. The decision of the Minister, Deputy Harney, and the Government to continue to introduce further cutbacks...
- General Medical Services Scheme. (4 speeches)
I wish to be associated with the matter raised by my colleague Deputy Burke, which he has dealt with adequately. I am glad to have the opportunity to raise the matter of the proposal by the...
- Health Service Reform. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important issue for the community I represent, particularly in the Carrigaline area. Carrigaline is a vibrant and thriving town with a...
- Post Office Network. (3 speeches)
I appreciate the opportunity to raise this matter, which revolves around social isolation and the impact a lack of social infrastructure can have on communities. I wish to refer to the community...