Thursday, 25 June 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (8 speeches, 2 comments)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32. Now we come to requests to move the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (367 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 25, Criminal Justice (Surveillance) Bill 2009 - Report and Final Stages (resumed); No. a1, Nursing Homes Support Scheme Bill 2008 - amendments from the Seanad; No. 26,...
- Criminal Justice (Surveillance) Bill 2009: Report and Finals Stages (Resumed) (74 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 12:
- Nursing Homes Support Scheme Bill 2008: From the Seanad (19 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2009: Report and Final Stages (288 speeches)
In the text of the Bill as amended in the select committee there are a number of incorrect references to sections of the Bill. I ask the Acting Chairman, Deputy John Cregan to instruct the clerk...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Job Creation. (10 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the measures she has taken, in co-operation with other Departments, to move people from welfare to work; and if she will make a...
- Social Welfare Benefits. (16 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the steps she is taking to deal with the long waiting times for the processing of claims in her Department; the target waiting...
- Financial Services Regulation. (10 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the action she has taken to persuade lenders, other than members of the Irish Banking Federation, to sign up to the new IBF-MABS...
- Social Welfare Code. (16 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs if she is satisfied that the assessment procedure for social welfare benefits and entitlements is working effectively; and if she...
- Pension Provisions. (25 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the reason for the delay in the publication of the long-term pension framework; and if she will make a statement on the matter....
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Tax and Social Welfare Codes.
- Tax and Social Welfare Codes. (10 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the expected gain to the Exchequer if the PRSI ceiling was abolished; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [23142/09]
- Social Welfare Benefits. (46 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the processing time it takes for each individual social welfare office to deal with a claim in respect of jobseeker's allowance; and...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Financial Measures (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2009 without amendment.
- Companies (Amendment) Bill 2009: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Enterprise, Trade and Employment has completed its consideration of the Companies (Amendment) Bill 2009 and has made no amendments thereto.
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Joanna Tuffy - the need...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Flood Relief. (2 speeches)
I was asked to raise this issue by Seamus Rogers, who lives in Donegal, near Derrybeg and Bunbeg and who is a former Donegal county councillor and a very active member of the Labour Party. I...
- Mental Health Services. (2 speeches)
I am thankful to have the opportunity to raise the report of the committee of inquiry to review care and treatment practices in St. Michael's unit, South Tipperary General Hospital, Clonmel and...
- Special Educational Needs. (2 speeches)
Recently, I received a letter from the board of management, parents council, staff and principal of St. Ita's and St. Joseph's School, Balloonagh, Tralee, and I will read the contents of the...