Tuesday, 16 June 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
Tribunals of Inquiry.
- Tribunals of Inquiry. (21 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the cost which accrued to his Department in respect of the Moriarty tribunal since January 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [15556/09]
- Public Relations Contracts. (12 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the group established in his Department to oversee the awarding of public relations contracts by Ministers; and if he will make...
- Proposed Legislation. (12 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Taoiseach his legislative priorities for the remainder of 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [15560/09]
- Dublin-Monaghan Bombings. (6 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Taoiseach if all costs associated with the McEntee commission have been discharged; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [15575/09]
- National Forum on Europe. (8 speeches)
Question 13: To ask the Taoiseach the reason for the decision to close down the National Forum on Europe; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [15589/09]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Ministerial Appointments. (8 speeches)
Question 39: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism when it is intended to fill vacancies on the Irish Sports Council; when he will appoint a chief executive officer; and if he will...
- Sports Funding. (10 speeches)
Question 40: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he will confirm that it is his position that the GAA should cover the cost of the Gaelic players grants scheme; and if he will...
- Natural History Museum. (10 speeches)
Question 41: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism when it is envisaged that the Natural History Museum will reopen; the nature of the work to be carried out before its reopening; and...
- National Theatre. (15 speeches)
Question 42: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the progress that has been made in relation to the development of the new national theatre; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Sports Capital Programme. (6 speeches)
Question 43: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he will review the sports capital grants programme, which operated on an annual basis until 2009; when a decision will be made on...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Arts Funding. (10 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he has secured a lien on properties of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann; the properties on which such a lien has been acquired or...
- Departmental Expenditure. (24 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism when it is envisaged that an alternative system of support for the horse and greyhound industry will be in place; if he has had an...
- Tourism Promotion. (17 speeches)
Question 46: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the measures being put in place to address the continued downward trend in inward tourism; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy James Bannon - the need...
- Leaders' Questions (14 speeches)
How can the Taoiseach justify the withdrawal of medical treatment from critically ill children in Crumlin hospital?
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (6 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32. Now we come to requests to move the Adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business. (113 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 4, Financial Services (Deposit Guarantee Scheme) Bill 2009 - Order for Second Stage and Second Stage. It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, that...
- Civil Liability (Good Samaritans and Volunteers) Bill 2009): First Stage. (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the extent of the civil liability of good samaritans, volunteers and volunteer undertakings.
- Estimates for Public Services 2009: Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service has completed its consideration for the Revised Estimate for Vote 10 for the year ending 31 December 2009.
- Financial Services (Deposit Guarantee Scheme) Bill 2009): Order for Second Stage. (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to provide for the making of regulations regarding the amount payable to a person maintaining eligible deposits with a credit institution; to provide for the maintenance of...
- Financial Services (Deposit Guarantee Scheme) Bill 2009: Second Stage (55 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The Financial Services (Deposit Guarantee Scheme) Bill 2009 is one part of a two-stage legislative package - the other being a complementary...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
Unemployment Levels: Motion.
- Unemployment Levels: Motion. (15 speeches)
I move: "That Dáil Éireann: — recognises that getting the economy back on track must be the number one priority and that this requires urgent action to retain and create jobs, to assist...
- Estimates for Public Services 2009: Messages from Select Committees (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights has completed its consideration of Votes 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 for the year ending 31 December 2009; the Select Committee on...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (18 speeches)
I am disappointed the Minister is not present to take this matter, particularly in view of the fact it has been raised by Deputies from three different parties, one of which is in government. I...
- Sexual Abuse Inquiry. (4 speeches)
This is a very serious issue. The findings of the Medical Council against Mr. Michael Shine, following its fitness to practise committee investigation in respect of nine male patients was that...
- Agricultural Colleges. (4 speeches)
I make a special plea on behalf of the farming community of the south west following an approach made to me by a number of farming families there. As everybody knows, dairying is the centrepiece...