Tuesday, 4 October 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
Northern Ireland Issues.
- Northern Ireland Issues. (76 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on recent developments in the Northern Ireland peace process; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [24216/05]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- EU Directives. (10 speeches)
Question 114: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the status of the review of the draft animal remedies regulation; the steps she is taking to ensure effective competition within the...
- Animal Diseases. (10 speeches)
Question 115: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the steps she intends to take to protect against the spread of avian flu here, having regard not just to the threat to the avian...
- Farm Retirement Scheme. (7 speeches)
Question 116: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the rationale behind her recently stated intention to abolish the early retirement scheme after 11 years; and if she will make a...
- Sugar Beet Industry. (6 speeches)
Question 117: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her position regarding the proposed EU sugar reforms; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [26537/05]
- Food Labelling. (4 speeches)
Question 118: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food when full labelling of beef will be implemented, as promised in November 2004; the nature and scope of the voluntary agreement she...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- EU Directives. (14 speeches)
Question 119: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the current status of the nitrates directive; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [26207/05]
- Bovine Diseases. (11 speeches)
Question 120: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if her attention has been drawn to the discovery of BSE in an animal born in Wales in 2002; the latest date on which an infected animal...
- Departmental Properties. (9 speeches)
Question 121: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the number of sites and their locations made available by her Department towards the provision of social housing. [26167/05]
- Agriculture Sector. (12 speeches)
Question 122: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the number of farmers who have left full-time farming since 1997; her views on the fall in the numbers of full-time farmers; the steps,...
- EU Directives. (7 speeches)
Question 123: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food when she will give effect to EU Directive 2004/28, to provide a new framework governing the veterinary medicines regime across Europe;...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Enright — to ask the...
- Leaders' Questions. (102 speeches)
It is well known the Taoiseach has a history of signing blank cheques. The latest episode of the blank cheque written for the PPARS system is his most spectacular to date, at least of those we...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (4 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (144 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 13, Supplementary Estimate for public services [Vote 31], back from committee; No. 14, motion re membership of committees; No. 15, Railway Safety Bill 2001 —...
- Estimates for Public Services 2005. (1 speech)
I move the following Supplementary Estimate: Vote 31 — Agriculture and Food (Supplementary). That a supplementary sum not exceeding €1,000 be granted to defray the charge which will come in...
- Membership of Committee: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Deputy Jerry Cowley be discharged from the Select Committee on Health and Children and that Deputy Paudge Connolly be appointed in substitution for him, and that Deputy Paudge...
- Railway Safety Bill 2001: Instruction to Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, it be an instruction to the committee to which the Railway Safety Bill 2001 may be recommitted, that it has power to make provision in...
- Corrib Gas Field: Statements. (45 speeches)
Before statements begin, I remind Members that under long-standing rulings, decisions or judgments of a duly constituted court cannot be subjected to review or discussion in the House, as the...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Report of Comptroller and Auditor General: Motion. (105 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, —notes with serious concern the Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General for 2004 which provided yet further evidence of wasteful overspending on a range of...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Services for People with Disabilities.
- Services for People with Disabilities. (4 speeches)
Is the Minister of State at the Department of Finance, Deputy Parlon, taking the Adjournment Debate?
- Monaghan General Hospital. (4 speeches)
I want to be associated with remarks congratulating the Leas-Cheann Comhairle on his long service. I thank the Chair for allowing me raise this issue but I am a little amazed and shocked that no...
- Ambulance Service. (7 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this matter on the Adjournment. There are two matters to mention here, the first of which is to state this is an essential service and make the case for...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I take this opportunity to congratulate the Leas-Cheann Comhairle on the great and singular honour of completing 44 years service to this House. I speak on behalf of the people of Kanturk and ask...