Thursday, 29 September 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (4 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I will call on the Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (162 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 14a, motion re referral to joint committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann for a Decision of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing for the...
- EU Parliament and Council Decision: Referral to Joint Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approve, in accordance with Article 29.4.6° of Bunreacht na hÉireann, the exercise by the State of the option, provided by Article 3 of the fourth...
- Membership of Committee: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Deputy Paddy McHugh be discharged from the Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service and that Deputy Catherine Murphy be appointed in substitution for him.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Prison Building Programme: Motion (Resumed). (92 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Jim O'Keeffe on Wednesday, 28 September 2005:
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Veterinary Practice Bill 2004 without amendment.
- Messages from Select Committees. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service has completed its consideration of the National Economic and Social Development Office Bill 2002 and has made amendments thereto. The Select...
- Estimates for Public Services 2005: Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Agriculture and Food has completed its consideration of the following Supplementary Estimate for the public service for the service of the year ending on 31 December 2005:...
- Diplomatic Relations and Immunities (Amendment) Bill 2005: Order for Second Stage. (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend the Diplomatic Relations and Immunities Act 1967.
- Diplomatic Relations and Immunities (Amendment) Bill 2005: Second Stage. (26 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." Ba mhaith liom an Ceann Comhairle agus na Teachtaí uilig a fháiltiú ar ais go dtí an téarma nua Dála. Is onóir mhór dom an seans seo a...
- Diplomatic Relations and Immunities (Amendment) Bill 2005: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Foreign Affairs, in accordance with Standing Order 112(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Inquiry.
- Defence Forces Inquiry. (23 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will initiate an inquiry into the death of a person (details supplied) in Lebanon in February 1999; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Overseas Missions. (16 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Defence the legislative or constitutional changes which are being considered by the Government to facilitate members of the Defence Forces to participate in...
- Emergency Planning. (8 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Defence when the Government task force on emergency planning last met; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [26047/05]
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Strength.
- Defence Forces Strength. (10 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Defence the current strength of the Defence Forces; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [25666/05]
- Peacekeeping Missions. (30 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Defence the nature of the official visit by the Chief of Staff of the Defence Forces (details supplied) to Washington in May 2005; the person with whom this...
- Defence Forces Recruitment. (11 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Defence the way in which he intends to attract more females into the Defence Forces; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [25623/05]
- Private Notice Questions. (0 speeches)
- Job Losses. (65 speeches)
I will call on the Deputies who tabled questions to the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment in the order in which they submitted their questions to my office.
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Finian McGrath — to ask...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Hospital Staff. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this matter. Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in Ireland. County Kerry has the highest incidence of cardiovascular disease...
- Job Losses. (2 speeches)
Go raibh maith agat, a Cheann Comhairle, as deis a thabhairt dom an cheist seo a thógáil. I also acknowledge the presence of the Minister of State at the Department of Enterprise, Trade and...
- Pre-School Services. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to address the House on this important issue. I am delighted the Minister of State is present to listen to this sensible proposal. I hope the...
- Planning Issues. (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to air this issue which, if not addressed, will become a nightmare for many new home owners. Until recently, if a developer was constructing a housing estate, the...