Wednesday, 28 September 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Economic Competitiveness. (23 speeches)
Question 139: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the action he will take on account of the recent report of the National Competitiveness Council; and if he will make a...
- Consumer Prices. (23 speeches)
Question 140: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if his attention has been drawn to the serious concern expressed in recent months by consumers at prices and general cost of...
- Unemployment Levels. (12 speeches)
Question 141: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the steps he has taken to address the very serious and long-standing unemployment levels in Carrick-on-Suir, County...
- Grocery Industry. (15 speeches)
Question 142: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment when he will finalise his policy in respect of the review of the groceries order 1987; his views on this important matter;...
- Employment Conditions. (25 speeches)
Question 143: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment his views on the current working conditions of employees on board a shipping vessel (details supplied) and the fact that the...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Industrial Disputes. (14 speeches)
Question 144: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the position regarding the investigation by the labour inspectorate into allegations of serious irregularities in the...
- Departmental Bodies. (11 speeches)
Question 145: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the measures he has taken to implement the recommendations made in the enterprise strategy group report. [25502/05]
- Company Closures. (15 speeches)
Question 146: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the situation regarding the unsecured creditors of a company (details supplied) in County Wicklow; and if he will make a...
- Community Employment Schemes. (18 speeches)
Question 147: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the number of persons on community employment places at 1 January 2003, 1 January 2004, January 2005 and the anticipated...
- Research Funding. (8 speeches)
Question 148: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the measures his Department has taken to increase research and development spending to 3% of gross domestic product, GDP,...
- Leaders' Questions. (50 speeches)
Ba mhaith liom fáilte a chur roimh an Taoiseach agus an Rialtas tar éis saoire ró-fhada. Tá a fhios ag gach duine thart faoin tír nach bhfuil an Rialtas seo ag comhlíonadh na ngeallúintí...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Official Engagements. (104 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the cost of the recent Cabinet meeting held in Cork; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [20757/05]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (13 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I will call the Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices.
- Order of Business. (96 speeches)
The Order of Business shall be No. 13, motion re leave to introduce Supplementary Estimate [Vote 31]; No. 14, motion re referral of Supplementary Estimate [Vote 31] to select committee; No. 19,...
- Estimates for Public Services 2005: Leave to Introduce. (1 speech)
I move: That leave be given by the Dáil to introduce the following Supplementary Estimate for the service of the year ending on 31 December 2005:— Vote 31 — (Agriculture and Food)...
- Estimates for Public Services 2005: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That, subject to leave being given to introduce the following Supplementary Estimate for the service of the year ending 31 December 2005, the Supplementary Estimate be referred to the...
- Northern Ireland: Statements. (36 speeches)
I am very pleased to have this opportunity to address the House on recent developments in the peace process. I do so, not in a spirit of elation, but fully conscious of the long and difficult...
- Adoptive Leave Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Adoptive Leave Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Report Stage. (23 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 to 4, inclusive, are out of order.
- Business of Dáil. (1 speech)
I move: That notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders or the order of the Dáil of this day, Private Members' business shall be taken now and shall adjourn after 90 minutes.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Prison Building Programme: Motion. (135 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, —noting the decision of the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform to acquire a farm at Thornton Hall, in County Dublin, for the purpose of constructing a...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Cregan and O'Sullivan...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Health and Safety Regulations.
- Health and Safety Regulations. (9 speeches)
Before calling Deputy Ring I remind Members of the sub judice rule which provides, inter alia, that a matter should not be raised in such an overt manner that it appears to be an attempt by the...
- Job Losses. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity of raising this issue which, because of the length of our summer recess, has lost some of its immediacy but has lost none of its importance. I am further...
- School Transport. (4 speeches)
I wholeheartedly welcome the improvements in safety standards introduced during the summer months for all students on school buses. Safety measures are of paramount importance to our children...