Friday, 1 July 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Order of Business. (155 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 20, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann for a decision of the European Parliament and the Council establishing the European return fund for the period 2008 to...
- Treaty of Amsterdam: Motions. (4 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion, provided by Article 3 of the fourth Protocol set out in the Treaty of Amsterdam, to notify the...
- UN Reform: Statements. (20 speeches)
This follows on from a discussion that we had in the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Foreign Affairs with regard to UN reform. This is the 60th anniversary of the United Nations and the 50th year...
- Civil Registration (Amendment) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Second Stage. (26 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The purpose of the Bill is to amend the Civil Registration Act 2004 to provide for the continuation of payment of allowances and fees to private...
- Civil Registration (Amendment) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Committee and Remaining Stages. (2 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Land Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed). (4 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to make a contribution. I remember making a fairly detailed contribution in 1989 when the Land Commission Dissolution Bill was before the House. We were not restricted...
- Land Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Agriculture and Food, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- Tributes to Head Usher of the Houses of the Oireachtas. (6 speeches)
As this is the end of the session, I thank Members for their co-operation during the year. I thank the Clerk of the Dáil, the Clerk Assistant of the Dáil, the Superintendent, the Captain, the...