Thursday, 13 October 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 1. (7 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (180 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 5, Employment Permits Bill 2005 — Second Stage (resumed); No. 1, Parental Leave (Amendment) Bill 2004 [Seanad ] — Second Stage; and No. 15a, statements on the Asian...
- Petroleum and Other Minerals Development Bill 2005: First Stage. (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the approval, with or without amendment, by both Houses of the Oireachtas of the terms subject to which licences...
- Employment Permits Bill 2005: Second Stage (Resumed). (35 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Natural Disasters in Asia and Central America: Statements. (19 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to make a statement to the Dáil on this matter. We have all been shocked and saddened at the destruction wreaked by the natural disaster which hit northern Pakistan and...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
National Conference Centre.
- National Conference Centre. (8 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the position regarding the process of evaluating bids to deliver the new national conference centre; and if he will make a statement on...
- Appointments to State Boards. (7 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the basis on which he reappointed a person (details supplied) to Bord na gCon; if he gave an undertaking to six representatives of the...
- Tax Code. (6 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the position regarding the artists' exemption scheme; if a cost and benefit analysis has been applied to the scheme; his views...
- Abbey Theatre. (8 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the progress regarding the development of a new theatre building for the Abbey Theatre; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Tourism Industry. (5 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if his attention has been drawn to the growing concerns that visitors here for next year's Ryder Cup golf tournament will be exploited...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Tourism Industry. (12 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he has received a copy of a new study commissioned by the Irish Tourist Industry Federation that the recent trend among visitors...
- National Conference Centre. (3 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the position regarding plans for the delivery of a national conference centre; if the tenders received by 20 May 2005 have been...
- Ticket Touting. (15 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if legislation to deem ticket touting an illegal activity will be brought forward; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28092/05]
- National Archives. (5 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism his views on establishing a single national repository to store archival records that have been generated and stored electronically...
- Sports Facilities. (6 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if a national audit of all sports facilities has been undertaken; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28086/05]
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Cowley — to ask the...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Nursing Home Subventions.
- Nursing Home Subventions. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this important issue. The HSE western area has decided to abolish the payment of enhanced subvention for nursing home residents due to funding...
- Child Care Services. (4 speeches)
The next item is in the names of Deputies O'Connor and Crowe. The Deputies have five minutes each.
- Grant Payments. (2 speeches)
I wish to raise the issue of the disabled persons' grant, the inequality in how it is provided nationally, and what I believe must happen to resolve that. It must be attached to the initiative...