Tuesday, 18 October 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Departmental Bodies. (13 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the total projected costs to date of the communications unit in his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [24228/05]
- Ministerial Staff. (23 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach the duties and responsibilities of the special political advisers appointed by him; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [24229/05]
- Public-Private Partnerships. (30 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Taoiseach when the interdepartmental team on infrastructure and public-private partnerships will next meet; the number of meetings of the team planned for the remainder of...
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Accident and Emergency Services.
- Accident and Emergency Services. (4 speeches)
Question 92: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children the progress to date on the implementation of her accident and emergency ten point plan; and if she will make a statement on...
- National Treatment Purchase Fund. (14 speeches)
Question 93: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children the reason a patient was sent from Dublin to Limerick by taxi at a rate of €600 for minor eye surgery under the national...
- Hospital Services. (20 speeches)
Question 94: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children if she has noted the unanimous call by the seven consultant surgeons at Monaghan and Cavan general hospitals three weeks ago...
- Hospital Accommodation. (10 speeches)
Question 95: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children if the provision of 3,000 acute hospital beds is still Government policy; and if she will make a statement on the matter....
- MRSA Incidence. (10 speeches)
Question 96: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children the figures in respect of the number of cases of MRSA in each of the past three years and to date in 2005; the number of...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Medical Cards. (21 speeches)
Question 97: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children the number of the 30,000 medical cards which she announced in November 2004 for 2005 which will have been delivered by 2005;...
- Vaccination Programme. (25 speeches)
Question 98: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children the steps she will take following the recent revelations that it will be 2006 before an estimated 180,000 children in the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Connaughton — the...
- Leaders' Questions. (87 speeches)
I am sure the House will agree that we should express our condolences and sincere sympathies with the family of the late Pat Joe Walsh who died in Monaghan General Hospital on Friday last. Mr....
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (16 speeches)
Before proceeding to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (96 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 14, Criminal Justice Bill 2004 — Second Stage (resumed) and No. 15, Land Bill 2004 [Seanad] — Order for Report, Report and Final Stages. Private Members' business...
- Criminal Justice Bill 2004: Second Stage (Resumed). (12 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Draft Animal Remedies Regulations 2005: Motion. (44 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, notes the recent publication by the Minister for Agriculture and Food on the Draft Animal Remedies Regulations 2005 and recognises that: —Ireland must legislate for...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (10 speeches)
This afternoon I raised with the Minister for Health and Children a letter the consultants in Cavan and Monaghan sent to management flagging the difficulties imminent within the service. I was...
- Rail Services. (2 speeches)
The case for the western rail corridor has been well made. All the signs of a poorly designed transport system are visible to hard-pressed motorists trying to negotiate their way into and out of...
- School Transport. (11 speeches)
I wish to raise the denial of school transport for 26 pupils from the Dunbeacon area of west Cork to Schull community college. This year marks the re-establishment of an historic injustice...