Wednesday, 2 March 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (60 speeches)
The Taoiseach will recall the sense of outrage that existed at the revelation that the Government proposed to grant early release to the killers of Detective Garda Jerry McCabe. I welcome the...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Regional Development. (70 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his meeting with the Border, Midlands and Western Regional Assembly in December 2004; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [34618/04]
- Departmental Bodies. (30 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach the progress made by the cross-departmental team on infrastructure and public private partnerships; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [1457/05]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (55 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. a11, the Finance Bill 2005, financial resolution; No. 3, Health (Amendment) Bill 2005, Order for Second Stage and Second Stage; and No. 17, Driver Testing and Standards...
- Prohibition of Ticket Touts Bill 2005: First Stage. (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to render it unlawful for any unauthorised person to sell or offer for sale tickets for major sporting, musical or theatrical...
- Finance Bill 2005: Financial Resolution. (1 speech)
I move: That section 40 of the Stamp Duties Consolidation Act 1999 (No. 31 of 1999), which provides for the calculation of ad valorem duty where the consideration for a conveyance on sale...
- Health (Amendment) Bill 2005: Order for Second Stage. (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend the Health Act 1970.
- Health (Amendment) Bill 2005: Second Stage. (5 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to introduce the Bill, which provides for the amendment of the Health Act 1970 to address two substantive matters: the provision of...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- EU Directives. (8 speeches)
Question 64: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the revised proposals she intends to make to the European Commission following its rejection of the Government's implementation strategy...
- Visit of Hungarian Delegation. (1 speech)
Before proceeding to the next question, I wish on my behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a warm welcome to the members of the committee on constitutional and judicial...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Animal Diseases. (8 speeches)
Question 65: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if she intends to review the control and monitoring of chicken imports in view of the recent warning from the Food and Agriculture...
- Potato Sector. (6 speeches)
Question 66: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if she will report on the acreage of potatoes grown here in 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000 and in the latest year for which figures are...
- EU Directives. (10 speeches)
Question 67: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if any increases will be provided in farmyard pollution grants, especially in areas in which additional storage will have to be provided...
- Disposal of Animal By-product. (9 speeches)
Question 68: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if her attention has been drawn to the fact that digestate from anaerobic digestion may be spread on land under certain conditions but...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Beef Imports. (14 speeches)
Question 69: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the action she is taking to ensure all third country beef is properly labelled; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [6787/05]
- Animal Diseases. (16 speeches)
Question 70: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the situation with regard to Johne's disease here. [6979/05]
- Grant Payments. (4 speeches)
Question 71: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her plans for the modulation fund; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [6776/05]
- Food Industry. (19 speeches)
Question 72: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if she will report on the measures taken to assist the marketing and processing of agricultural products. [6869/05]
- Common Agricultural Policy. (16 speeches)
Question 73: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her plans to review the [i]force majeure[/i] procedure for the single farm payment; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [6804/05]
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Pat Breen — to ask the...
- Health (Amendment) Bill 2005: Second Stage (Resumed). (59 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Northern Ireland Issues: Motion (Resumed). (32 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Kenny on Tuesday, 1 March 2005:
- Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service has concluded its consideration of the Finance Bill 2005 and has made amendments thereto.
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Natural Gas Grid.
- Natural Gas Grid. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this important matter on the Adjournment. The people of Erris, who have been compelled to have the Corrib gas upstream pipeline adjacent to their homes,...
- Road Network. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue this evening. I believe that the NRA is in breach of the regulations in the upgrading of the N5 between Scramoge and...
- Údarás na Gaeltachta. (9 speeches)
Táimid ag caint anois faoina lán daoine nach mbeidh seans acu votáil i dtoghchán Údarás na Gaeltachta ar 2 Aibreán. Táim sásta go bhfuil an seans agam é sin a ardú anocht. Is rud...
- Child Care Services. (13 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise this important issue this evening. Unfortunately, it is not the first time I have pursued the matter in this House, which refers to the proposed removal of...