Thursday, 10 March 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (138 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 17, Finance Bill 2005 — Report Stage, resumed, and Final Stage; and No. 17a— statements on the Report on Certain Issues of Management and Administration in the...
- Finance Bill 2005: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage. (54 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 12:
- Report on Long-Stay Care Charges: Motion. (200 speeches)
This debate is about the Travers report, and the Travers report is about performance and accountability. Every person who draws a salary paid by taxpayers has a responsibility to the public.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (1 speech)
As Deputy Perry is not present, we will proceed to Question No. 2. When he returns, we will take his question.
- Fisheries Protection. (13 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources his views on recent strong criticism from anglers and the media that his Department is again failing to align the...
- Alternative Energy Projects. (8 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources his preferred policy options for the development of the alternative energy sector with particular reference to the...
- Mobile Telephony. (6 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources his views on the recommendations in the report (details supplied) published in January 2005 by Britain's National...
- Fisheries Protection. (6 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources when he intends to end an imposition in Killybegs and other major ports whereby no landings can take place between...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Port Development. (9 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources his views on the proposal from the Drogheda Port Company to build a major new port at Bremore in Fingal county;...
- Broadcasting Legislation. (16 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources his plans for the development of the public and private broadcasting sectors in the future; and if he will make a...
- Mobile Telephony. (9 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if he is concerned at the initial level of pricing for a 3G mobile phone service in Ireland; if his Department has...
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Health (Amendment) Bill 2005, without amendment.
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy O'Dowd — the impending...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
National Aquatic Centre.
- National Aquatic Centre. (3 speeches)
Will the Government come out of hiding and explain what is going on at the National Aquatic Centre? The centre closed its doors on New Year's Day following roof damage by high winds, has not...
- Job Creation. (4 speeches)
Carrick-on-Suir is a lovely and progressive town with a population of approximately 5,000. Carrick-on-Suir Town Council has been involved in upgrading certain facilities in the town in recent...
- Special Educational Needs. (18 speeches)
Last Friday evening, the parents of five families were informed that their children, who were disabled and some of whom were suffering from autism, would no longer be allowed to attend the...