Wednesday, 23 March 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (42 speeches)
The continuous spate of break-ins and burglaries is causing increasing concern throughout the country. Yesterday, a County Mayo farmer was remanded in custody on a murder charge arising from an...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
Central Statistics Office Review.
- Central Statistics Office Review. (25 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the recently published CSO report on vital statistics, 2002; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [9300/05]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (14 speeches)
I seek the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 31 to raise a matter of national public interest, namely, that in the light of the most recent list of tax defaulters published by the...
- Order of Business. (65 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 9, motion re tribunal of inquiry into the fatal shootings of Chief Superintendent Harry Breen and Superintendent Robert Buchanan; No.19, Ráitis maidir leis an...
- Tribunals of Inquiry: Motion. (26 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: —noting that following agreement reached between the British and Irish Governments at Weston Park in 2001, retired Canadian Supreme Court Judge Mr. Peter Cory was...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Nursing Home Charges.
- Nursing Home Charges. (13 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children the cost of adopting a policy involving the repayment in full of all illegal charges to patients who are still alive and...
- Cancer Screening Programme. (6 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children if she will initiate a State-wide cervical pre-cancer screening programme; and if she will make a statement on the matter....
- Mental Health Services. (10 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children her plans for introducing adequate child and adolescent psychiatric services consisting of multidisciplinary teams. [9716/05]
- Precautions against Influenza. (21 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children the action her Department is taking in response to warnings from the World Health Organisation of the danger of a flu...
- Other Questions. (1 speech)
I remind Members that supplementary questions and answers are limited to one minute.
- Health Service Staff. (6 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children the steps she is taking to increase the number of neurologists here; if her attention has been drawn to the considerable...
- Accident and Emergency Services. (39 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children her views on the situation in accident and emergency units in view of the decision of the Health and Safety Authority to...
- Hospital Services. (16 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children the number of new patients treated at the oncology unit at Cork University Hospital in 2004; and if she will make a statement...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Sargent — that the...
- Tribunals of Inquiry: Motion (Resumed). (13 speeches)
The following motion was moved by the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, Deputy McDowell, on Wednesday, 23 March 2005:
- Irish Language: Statements. (10 speeches)
Tá áthas orm páirt a ghlacadh sa díospóireacht seo agus ba mhaith liom an deis seo a thapú chun achoimre a thabhairt don Teach ar an obair atá ar siúl ag an Rialtas ar son na Gaeilge, na...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Fur Farming (Prohibition) Bill 2004: Second Stage (Resumed). (136 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (9 speeches)
I would like to give one minute of my time to Deputy Lynch. I pay tribute to the leukemia unit of the Mercy Hospital in Cork for the great work done for sick children in Cork city, county and...
- Airport Development Projects. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this important matter on the Adjournment and thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to do so. Knock is Ireland's fourth international airport serving...
- Road Traffic Offences. (2 speeches)
I am glad the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, Deputy McDowell, is present. Given that this is a road traffic issue and there has recently been a tragic double fatality on the...
- Garda Investigations. (2 speeches)
I am obliged to the Ceann Comhairle for permitting me yet again to raise the Dean Lyons case, the facts of which are well known. In July 1997, Dean Lyons, a homeless heroin addict, was arrested...