Wednesday, 9 March 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (223 speeches)
I hope the people of Ireland now understand the true nature of the IRA and what it is about following its statement. However, I wish to raise the issue of the Travers report and remind the...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Departmental Expenditure. (20 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the total expenditure of his Department during 2004; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [2606/05]
- Strategic Management Initiative. (55 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach if he has satisfied himself that the strategic management initiative is achieving the objectives set for it. [2538/05]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (4 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (142 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. a9, motion re report on certain issues of management and administration in the Department of Health and Children associated with the practice of charges for persons in...
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2005, without amendment.
- Report on Long-Stay Care Charges: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann requests the Joint Committee on Health and Children, or a sub-Committee thereof, to consider, including in public session, the Report on Certain Issues of Management...
- Finance Bill 2005: Financial Resolution. (1 speech)
I move: That section 122 of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997 (No. 39 of 1997), which deals with the taxation of preferential loans provided by employers to employees, be amended in the manner and...
- Finance Bill 2005: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Finance Bill 2005: Motion to Recommit. (3 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be recommitted in its entirety to a committee of the House." The Minister has introduced a major change to the Bill by way of amendment No. 58 and there is a complete...
- Finance Bill 2005: Report Stage. (13 speeches)
I propose that amendment No. 58 be grouped with amendment No.1 for the purpose of enabling the Dáil to debate this important amendment. Because there is a guillotine attaching to this Bill,...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Schools Building Projects.
- Schools Building Projects. (8 speeches)
Question 47: To ask the Minister for Education and Science how she intends to deal with the provision of permanent school accommodation in areas of major population growth; and if she will make a...
- Special Educational Needs. (6 speeches)
Question 48: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if she will clarify her plans for proposed changes to special education support in view of the growing concern among parents and...
- Pupil-Teacher Ratio. (8 speeches)
Question 49: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if her attention has been drawn to the need to reduce class sizes, particularly at primary level, in view of Ireland's poor position in...
- Bullying in Schools. (6 speeches)
Question 50: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if her attention has been drawn to the extent of bullying in schools; the action her Department is taking to combat bullying in schools;...
- Schools Building Projects. (6 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the way in which she proposes to address the growing problem of inadequate provision of school places for children in areas of expanding...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- School Discipline. (11 speeches)
Question 52: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the timeframe and consultative process for the task force on student behaviour in secondary schools; and if she will make a statement on...
- Special Educational Needs. (11 speeches)
Question 53: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the number of children with mild or borderline general learning disability within mainstream primary education; the number of children...
- School Accommodation. (6 speeches)
Question 54: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the amount spent since 2000 on the provision and refurbishment of prefabricated buildings at primary and secondary schools; and if she...
- School Transport. (8 speeches)
Question 55: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if her Department will alter a school bus route which no longer meets the needs of the children in the area (details supplied) in County...
- Residential Institutions Redress Scheme. (4 speeches)
Question 56: To ask the Minister for Education and Science her proposals to add additional institutions to the list under the Residential Institutions Redress Act 2002; and if she will make a...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Pat Breen — to ask the...
- Finance Bill 2005: Report Stage (Resumed). (132 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 1:
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2005: Second Stage (Resumed).
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2005: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Environment and Local Government, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Special Educational Needs.
- Special Educational Needs. (6 speeches)
I thank the Chair for the opportunity of raising this very important issue relating to St. Michael's pre-school in Ennis. The case of St. Michael's pre-school is one worth examining in its own...
- School Accommodation. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this issue for debate on the Adjournment. Urbleshanny national school is located near the growing village of Scotstown in the hinterland of north County...