Tuesday, 1 March 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Consultancy Contracts. (56 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach when he expects to receive the report of Mr. Dermot Quigley into the circumstances of the appointment of a person (details supplied) and related matters; and if...
- Legislative Programme. (43 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach his Department's legislative priorities for 2005; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [34264/04]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Overseas Missions. (15 speeches)
Question 73: To ask the Minister for Defence his plans to change the legislation permitting Irish troops to train overseas; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [6807/05]
- Bullying in the Workplace. (6 speeches)
Question 75: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will report on the way in which bullying is dealt with in the Defence Forces; and the number of confirmed cases there have been in the past...
- National Emergency Plan. (8 speeches)
Question 76: To ask the Minister for Defence his plans to extend the composition of the emergency planning cell; the frequency with which this group meets; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Defence Forces Training. (6 speeches)
Question 77: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will report on the human rights training provided to members of the Defence Forces, including subject matter, duration and upskilling...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Regulations.
- Defence Forces Regulations. (6 speeches)
Question 78: To ask the Minister for Defence if his attention has been drawn to the fact that Defence Forces recruits who are injured in the course of their training are expected to meet the full...
- Bullying in the Workplace. (9 speeches)
Question 79: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of cases of alleged bullying which are under investigation; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [6723/05]
- Departmental Properties. (2 speeches)
Question 80: To ask the Minister for Defence the extent of his Department's property portfolio in Dublin city and county; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [6718/05]
- Overseas Missions. (19 speeches)
Question 81: To ask the Minister for Defence the statutory authorisation required in respect of non-UN overseas missions in which the Defence Forces participate, as listed on the Defence Forces...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy James Breen — to ask...
- Leaders' Questions. (64 speeches)
As the Taoiseach will be aware, the national development plan promised 275 additional buses for Dublin Bus over and above those necessary to replace decommissioned vehicles. The Minister for...
- Order of Business. (35 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 16, Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2005 — Order for Report, Report and Final Stages, proceedings to be brought to a conclusion, if not previously concluded at 7...
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2005: First Stage. (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Planning and Development Act 2000.
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2005: Report Stage. (65 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 5, between lines 14 and 15, to insert the following: "1.—The Minister shall within 6 months from after the passing of this Act prepare and lay before both Houses...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Northern Ireland Issues: Motion.
- Northern Ireland Issues: Motion. (12 speeches)
I move: "That Dáil Éireann —deplores the brutal murder of Robert McCartney in Belfast on 30 January last; —commends the McCartney family and Robert's partner for their courage in...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Hospitals Building Programme.
- Hospitals Building Programme. (3 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputy Penrose. I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important issue. I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children,...
- Departmental Properties. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this matter. I very much regret that the Minister of State at the Department of Finance, Deputy Parlon, is not here this evening to...
- Special Educational Needs. (2 speeches)
I raise this matter as a result of a reply to a question I tabled last week to the Minister for Education and Science. She did everything but answer my question on that occasion. She kicked for...
- Third Level Education. (2 speeches)
The Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, Deputy McDowell, is reported as having roundly endorsed the compelling case for a south-east university which was made at a regional conference...