Thursday, 10 September 2020
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Teachtaireacht ón Dáil - Message from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann passed the Criminal Justice (Enforcement Powers) (Covid-19) Bill 2020 on 3 September 2020, to which the agreement of Seanad Éireann is desired.
- Resignation of Minister and Assignment of Department (1 speech)
I must inform the House that letters dated 24 August and 2 September 2020 have been received from the Secretary to the Government regarding the resignation of a member of the Government and the...
- Resignation of Leas-Chathaoirleach (1 speech)
Senator Jerry Buttimer has informed me, by letter dated 21 August 2020, of his resignation as Leas-Chathaoirleach of Seanad Éireann. The election of a Senator to fill the vacancy is by way...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (243 speeches)
In July, Members stood in the Seanad in silence to remember Dr. Syed Waqqar Ali and seven other front-line workers who lost their lives in the service of others during this pandemic. This week,...
- Criminal Justice (Enforcement Powers) (Covid-19) Bill 2020: Second Stage (19 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Criminal Justice (Enforcement Powers) (Covid-19) Bill 2020: Committee and Remaining Stages (66 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Criminal Justice (Enforcement Powers) (Covid-19) Bill 2020: Motion for Earlier Signature (3 speeches)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Criminal...