Wednesday, 30 September 2020
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senators Buttimer and Dooley, that on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, they propose to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Transport to...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Aviation Policy (16 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach. As the Minister of State knows well, the Covid-19 pandemic has decimated the aviation industry and tourism sector. It is having a significant negative economic impact...
- Mental Health Services (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Butler. I wish her well. We were good friends when we were in the Dáil together. I know she has major challenges and I wish her well with that.
- Schools Building Projects (9 speeches)
The Minister of State is staying with us. If it is in order, we will move to Senator Gallagher as he is the only one here at the moment. Is the Minister of State taking the question about...
- Covid-19 Pandemic Supports (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State and I congratulate her on her appointment. This is the first opportunity I have had to do so. This question relates to the eligibility for the Covid illness...
- Northern Ireland (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Byrne, to the Seanad this morning. I wish him well. I soldiered with him in the Dáil from 2016 to 2020. He was always committed. I know he will be...
- Foreign Policy (5 speeches)
I raise the democratic crisis in Belarus, of which the Minister of State will be aware. I do so in the full knowledge that the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Deputy Coveney, has a very deep...
- Resignation of Member (1 speech)
Before I call on the Leader to announce the Order of Business, I wish to announce that I have received notice in writing from Senator Michael D'Arcy of his resignation as a Member of Seanad...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (58 speeches)
The Order of Business today is No. 1 on the Supplementary Order Paper, motion re the arrangements for the sitting of the House on Thursday, 1 October 2020, to be taken on the conclusion of the...
- Sitting Arrangements: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in the Standing Orders relative to Public Business: (1) the Seanad shall meet in the Seanad Chamber at 10.30 a.m. on Thursday, 1st October, 2020, and...
- Investment Limited Partnerships (Amendment) Bill 2020: Committee Stage (17 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Fleming, whom I formally congratulated on the previous occasion. It is good to have him back in the Chamber.
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
It appears that the Minister is running late and will not be available until 5.30 p.m. I ask the acting leader to propose a suspension of the House.
- National Screening Advisory Committee Bill 2020: Second Stage (50 speeches)
I welcome Members and the Minister for Health, Deputy Donnelly.