Wednesday, 6 March 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Colm Burke that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Communications,...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Radio Broadcasting (4 speeches)
Community and local radio stations play an important role in this country by providing information, giving local news and dealing with issues as they arise in the community. They give...
- EU Migration Crisis (4 speeches)
The EU's deal with Libya is "sentencing refugees to death". They are not my words, but those of Irish journalist, Sally Hayden, who has been reporting for al-Jazeera on the situation in Libya...
- Ambulance Service Provision (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State and thank him for taking time out of his busy schedule to be here. We all know and appreciate the great work the ambulance service does on behalf of all of us,...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (63 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, statements on the diaspora, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and to conclude at 2.15 p.m., with the contributions of group spokespersons not to exceed eight minutes each...
- Civil Liability (Capping of General Damages) Bill 2019: First Stage (9 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the imposition of a cap on the level of awards which may be made in respect of a claim for general damages arising...
- Diaspora Affairs: Statements (23 speeches)
I am happy to have the opportunity to be here to today address this House on diaspora affairs and to give an update on my work as the Minister of State with responsibility for the diaspora and...
- Traveller Accommodation: Statements (26 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Damien English, back to the House. This discussion will conclude at 3.45 p.m., with contributions of group spokespersons not to exceed eight minutes and...
- European Parliament Elections (Amendment) Bill 2019: Second Stage (30 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- European Parliament Elections (Amendment) Bill 2019: Order for Committee Stage (9 speeches)
When is it proposed to take Committee Stage?
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (6 speeches)
It is proposed, notwithstanding what was agreed on the Order of Business today, that debate on No. 3, all Stages of the European Parliament Elections (Amendment) Bill 2019, resume on the...
- European Parliament Elections (Amendment) Bill 2019: Committee Stage (12 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Registration of Wills Bill 2016: Committee and Remaining Stages (34 speeches)
Sections 1 to 18, inclusive, agreed to.
- European Parliament Elections (Amendment) Bill 2019: Committee Stage (Resumed) and Remaining Stages (11 speeches)