Tuesday, 15 May 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Paul Gavan that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Communications,...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Hardship Grant Scheme (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. I am raising an issue relating to eel fishermen, with which he is familiar. The depletion of eel stocks has rightly been a cause of concern for a number of...
- Renewable Energy Projects (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Naughten.
- Local Authority Members' Remuneration (7 speeches)
I welcome the people who are here from Kilkenny to see their local Minister in action. I am sure the Minister of State, Deputy John Paul Phelan, will acknowledge these people with a greater...
- Schools Building Projects (6 speeches)
I thank the Minister for coming here today to deal with this matter, which relates to Scoil Cholmcille on Blarney Street in Cork. From 1 September, the school will have 216 students.If the...
- Order of Business (1 speech)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion regarding reasoned opinion on proposals for a Council directive laying down rules relating to the corporate taxation of a significant digital presence,...
- Minute's Silence Following Deaths in Gaza (1 speech)
Prior to the beginning of the Order of Business I propose, on behalf of the House, that we stand in a moment of silence to pay tribute to the people who were killed yesterday in Gaza.
- Order of Business (Resumed) (96 speeches)
I would like to express my outrage, and that of the Fianna Fáil group, and condemn the actions of Israel and its use of force against unarmed Palestinian protestors, including unarmed...
- Council Directive on Digital Tax: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Seanad Éireann: (1) notes the agreed Report of the Joint Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach under Standing Order 116 on the Proposals for a...
- Radiological Protection (Amendment) Bill 2018: Second Stage (13 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."