Wednesday, 16 May 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Robbie Gallagher that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Tánaiste and...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Dublin-Monaghan Bombings (5 speeches)
I would like to welcome the Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade to the Chamber. Senator Gallagher has four minutes to outline his case.
- Medicinal Products Regulation (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House and appreciate his taking the time to deal with this matter. As he is aware, I am a member of the Joint Committee on Health. We produced a report on...
- Children and Family Services Provision (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. This is the fifth occasion on which I have raised this issue. I have raised it three times on the Order of Business and this is the second Commencement matter I...
- Hospital Accommodation Provision (3 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for attending. Like many hospitals throughout the country, Sligo University Hospital faces many ongoing challenges, including cost pressures, recruitment issues,...
- Order of Business (60 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Criminal Justice (Corruption Offences) Bill 2017 - Committee Stage, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and to adjourn no later than 2.15 p.m. if not previously concluded;...
- Mental Health (Capacity to Consent to Treatment) Bill 2018: First Stage (7 speeches)
I move: That leave be given to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Mental Health Act 2001 and for that purpose to provide for the right of minors over the age of 16 to consent to...
- Criminal Justice (Corruption Offences) Bill 2017: Committee Stage (81 speeches)
Sections 1 to 16, inclusive, agreed to.
- Mental Health (Amendment) Bill 2017: Report and Final Stages (46 speeches)
I remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage, except the proposer of an amendment who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. Amendment No. 1 is a Government...
- Special Education Provision: Statements (11 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Education and Skills, Deputy Bruton, to the House.
- European Court Decision: Motion (36 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine. I call on Senator Niall Ó Donnghaile to move the motion. He has 12 minutes.