Wednesday, 31 May 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Robbie Gallagher that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Housing, Planning,...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Water and Sewerage Schemes Funding (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy English.
- Parking Regulations (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. This matter relates to the direction given to local authorities regarding residential car parking. We can all say with certainty that this matter has caused a...
- State Airports (11 speeches)
It is always nice to see the Minister of State and he knows he is always welcome here. He is a fine man, in my books, apart from his politics.
- Rural Resettlement Scheme (3 speeches)
The Minister of State is earning his keep this morning. I thank him for coming to the House to provide clarification on a statement made in respect of a Commencement matter tabled by Senator...
- Order of Business (230 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Domestic Violence Bill 2017 - Committee Stage, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and to be adjourned not later than 2 p.m.; No. 2, statements on the audit of the use of...
- Domestic Violence Bill 2017: Committee Stage (22 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Report on Use of Section 12 of Child Care Act by An Garda Síochána: Statements (11 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to discuss this important matter with Members of the Seanad and to set out the actions that are being taken. Following a recommendation by the Ombudsman for Children...
- Tourism: Statements (42 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State and call the House to order.
- Controlled Drugs and Harm Reduction Bill 2017: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Controlled Drugs and Harm Reduction Bill 2017: Second Stage (4 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Catherine Byrne, for coming to the House to debate this Bill and for her time in the lead-up to its...
- Business of Seanad (4 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business: "That No. 6aon the Supplementary Order Paper, statements on the proposed sale of AIB shares, be taken at 6 p.m.; to conclude not later than 7.15...
- Controlled Drugs and Harm Reduction Bill 2017: Second Stage (Resumed) (38 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- EU Regulations: Motions (2 speeches)
I move:That Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of the area of...
- Proposed Sale of AIB Shares: Statements (66 speeches)
I thank all the Senators for this opportunity to address the House and to give a brief update on the progress made in returning Allied Irish Banks, AIB, to private ownership and the continued...
- Business of Seanad (32 speeches)
As the Minister is in the Dáil I propose that we suspend until 7.45 p.m. I apologise to Members.