Wednesday, 17 May 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Maura Hopkins that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Transport,...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Road Projects Status (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister for coming to the House. I hope he will provide good news on the upgrade of the N5 between Ballaghaderreen and Scramogue. I wish to emphasis how important the provision of...
- Hospitals Car Park Charges (6 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit agus ba mhaith liom buíochas a ghabháil léi as teacht isteach chun an cheist seo a fhreagairt. I want to raise the issue of hospital...
- GLAS Payments (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister to the House. While he is drawing his breath, I will ask Senator Boyhan to outline his case.
- School Closures (6 speeches)
I thank the Minister for coming to the House. I will give him a rough guide to the school and the service it gives to the students, particularly to those in the area of Bagenalstown. The...
- Order of Business (114 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Adoption (Information and Tracing) Bill 2016 - Order for Second Stage and Second Stage, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and adjourned not later than 2.15 p.m., with the...
- Adoption (Information and Tracing) Bill 2016: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Adoption (Information and Tracing) Bill 2016: Second Stage (28 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Business of Seanad (5 speeches)
I understand the Leader wishes to propose an amendment to the Order of Business.
- Second Interim Report of the Commission of Investigation into Mother and Baby Homes and Certain Related Matters: Statements (39 speeches, 1 comment)
I welcome the opportunity for statements on the second interim report of the Commission of Investigation into Mother and Baby Homes and certain related matters. I welcome all our guests in the...
- Business of Seanad (11 speeches)
I am sorry. I do not mean to cut across the Minister. Could I propose an amendment to the Order of Business that the House will suspend for a sos until 5.15 p.m., once the Minister concludes,...
- Second Interim Report of the Commission of Investigation into Mother and Baby Homes and Certain Related Matters: Statements (Resumed) (20 speeches)
I will respond, but from a procedural perspective I do not remember being asked if I was available beyond 4.15 p.m., which is challenging for me, but I will do my best.
- Medical Practitioners (Amendment) Bill 2014: [Seanad Bill amended by the Dáil] Report and Final Stages (23 speeches)
This is a Seanad Bill which has been amended by the Dáil. In accordance with Standing Order 118, it is deemed to have passed its First, Second and Third Stages in the Seanad and is placed...
- Childhood Obesity: Statements (14 speeches)
The levels of overweight and obesity have been increasing despite the fact they are preventable. Childhood obesity and emerging inequalities are now recognised as key issues which need to be...
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Bill 2017: Second Stage (32 speeches, 1 comment)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I welcome the Minister for Health, Deputy Simon Harris, to the House and thank him for appearing in person for the Second Stage debate. I also...