Wednesday, 10 May 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Neale Richmond that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Education...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Schools Building Projects Status (10 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Education and Skills to the House. Senator Neale Richmond is first and he has four minutes to make his opening remarks.
- Special Educational Needs (6 speeches)
The next Commencement matter is in the name of Senator Noone and I understand the Minister of State, Deputy Corcoran Kennedy, will take it.
- Health Services Provision (3 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming into the House to take this matter. I am hopeful she will be able to allay the fears of the communities of Elphin and Strokestown who are hearing reports...
- Hospital Closures (5 speeches)
Gabhaim buíochas leis an Chathaoirleach. Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit go dtí an Teach seo inniu. The Minister of State is very welcome to the House and I thank her for...
- Order of Business (142 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion regarding discharge of order for committee of the Courts (No. 2) Bill 2016, to be taken on conclusion of the Order of Business without debate; No. 2, motion...
- Declaration of Independence Day Bill 2017: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled Bill entitled an Act to recognise the meeting of the First Dáil and the Declaration of Independence made on 21 January 1919 and to...
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Bill 2017: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the development and implementation of a cross-departmental multi-agency Autism Spectrum Disorder Strategy and to...
- Courts (No. 2) Bill 2016: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That the Order of the Seanad of 9 May, 2017, fixing the Committee Stage of the Courts (No. 2) Bill 2016 for Tuesday, 16th May, 2017, be discharged and that the Committee stage be taken...
- Exchange of Views with Mr. Michel Barnier: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann: (a) notes that the Treaty on European Union recognises the active contribution of National Parliaments to the good functioning of the Union through being...
- Standing Orders: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That the report of the Committee on Procedure and Privileges on the amendment of Standing Order 70A and the adoption of new Standing Order 104F be adopted and laid before the House.
- Misuse of Drugs (Supervised Injecting Facilities) Bill 2016: Committee and Remaining Stages (9 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Gender Recognition (Amendment) Bill 2017: Second Stage (38 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." When we discuss sexuality, orientation, identity and LGBT rights, we must be mindful that many members of the LGBT community across the globe...
- Courts (No. 2) Bill 2016: Committee and Remaining Stages (13 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Stanton, to the House.
- Litter Pollution (Amendment) Bill 2017: Second Stage (13 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." Many people have asked me what exactly this Bill provides for. Substantively, it increases fines in accordance with inflation to correspond...