Wednesday, 22 February 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Tim Lombard that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Tánaiste and Minister...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Garda Station Refurbishment (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister.
- Schools Building Projects (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister, Deputy Richard Bruton, for attending to address this matter which is extremely important to Monaleen national school, Castletroy. I live in Monaleen where my four children...
- Respite Care Services Provision (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. This is the third time I have raised this on the Commencement and he has responded on two occasions. In 2005, Tir na nOg opened with ten children to meet the...
- Order of Business (102 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, statements on developments in the organic sector and on the greyhound industry, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and to conclude no later than 2.45 p.m. with the...
- Developments in Organic Sector and Greyhound Industry: Statements (24 speeches)
I call on the Minister of State, Deputy Andrew Doyle, to make his contribution.The lead spokespersons will have eight minutes each and all other Senators will have five minutes.
- Symphysiotomy Payment Scheme: Statements (1 speech)
I am pleased to address the House today and to have the opportunity to discuss the outcome of the symphysiotomy ex gratia payment scheme and the report of Judge Maureen Harding Clark, assessor to...
- Visit of German Delegation (1 speech)
I am sure Members of the House will join me in welcoming a parliamentary delegation from the German Bundestag, led by Professor Norbert Lammert, President of the German Bundestag. On my behalf,...
- Symphysiotomy Payment Scheme: Statements (Resumed) (13 speeches)
A systematic review and meta-analysis study published in the British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology as recently as April 2016 concluded that there was no difference in key outcomes of...
- Minimum Custodial Periods upon Conviction for Murder Bill 2017: Second Stage (15 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. I call on the Senator proposing the Bill, Senator Marie-Louise O'Donnell, to speak. She has 12 minutes.
- Business of Seanad (5 speeches)
I move:That notwithstanding anything in the order of the House today in respect of the Minimum Custodial Periods upon Conviction for Murder Bill 2017, the debate on Second Stage of the Bill be...
- Minimum Custodial Periods upon Conviction for Murder Bill 2017: Second Stage (Resumed) (2 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."