Wednesday, 8 February 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Fintan Warfield that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Health to...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Blood Donations (6 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit, Deputy McEntee, go dtí an Teach.
- Energy Regulation (9 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Naughten, to the House and wish him a speedy recovery from his recent incident. He went through severe trauma and I wish him the best of health.
- Employment Rights (10 speeches)
Last December I met a group of 40 Egyptian fishermen who are, or have been, working in Ireland. They travelled across the country to my home town of Drogheda to tell me their individual stories...
- Local Authority Boundaries Review (7 speeches)
I am proposing the establishment of a boundary commission to review local government constituencies. After the 2011 census, the then Minister, Phil Hogan, established a boundary commission in...
- Order of Business (91 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Civil Liability (Amendment) Bill 2017 - Order for Second Stage and Second Stage, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and to conclude not later than 2.45 p.m. if not...
- Civil Liability (Amendment) Bill 2017: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Civil Liability (Amendment) Bill 2017: Second Stage (9 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business that No. 3a, statements on progress on the national children's hospital, be taken on the conclusion of No. 3, with the time allocated to the debate...
- Amendments to Councillors' Conditions: Statements (73 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Coveney, to the House for this very important debate.
- Derelict and Vacant Sites Bill 2017: Second Stage (57 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I welcome the Minister for Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government, Deputy Simon Coveney, who has been here for quite a long time....
- National Children's Hospital: Statements (48 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. There is a 45-minute time limit on the debate. The contributions of group spokespersons are not to exceed six minutes.