Wednesday, 16 April 2014
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30
- Visit of Lord Mayor of Dublin (1 speech)
I would like to welcome the Lord Mayor of Dublin, Councillor Oisín Quinn, as a distinguished visitor to the Gallery. He is very welcome.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Mark Daly that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Foreign Affairs...
- Order of Business (71 speeches)
The Order of Business is Nos. a1 on a Supplementary Order Paper, Electoral (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2014 - all Stages, to be taken at 12.30 p.m., with the contribution of group spokespersons not...
- Electoral (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2014: Second Stage (14 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Electoral (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2014: Committee and Remaining Stages (76 speeches)
SECTION 1 Question proposed: "That section 1 stand part of the Bill."
- Electoral (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2014: Motion for Earlier Signature (1 speech)
I move: That, pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Electoral...
- Employment Equality (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2013: Committee Stage (Resumed) (23 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Kathleen Lynch.
- End-of-Life Care and Bereavement: Motion (20 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann –- conscious that almost 29,000 people die each year in Ireland and 290,000 people are newly bereaved; - aware that contributors to the recent hearings on...
- Commission of Investigation (Certain Matters relative to An Garda Síochána and other persons) Order 2014: Motion (38 speeches)
I welcome the Taoiseach back to the House. We are dealing with No. 2, motion regarding the terms of reference for a commission of investigation. I call the Leader to formally move the motion.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Diplomatic Representation (3 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Brian Hayes, to the House. This matter relates to the appointment of an ambassador from the US to Ireland. Since coming into office for his second term,...
- Forestry Sector (12 speeches)
I have been contacted by many private forest owners whose plantations were destroyed in the storms earlier in the year and who are not in a position to replant them. It is unfortunate that the...