Tuesday, 1 April 2014
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Cáit Keane that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education...
- Order of Business (152 speeches)
Before I call on the Leader I wish on my behalf and on behalf of the House to express sympathy on the death of a former Member of the House, Mr. Sam McAughtry, who was a very popular Senator....
- Higher Education and Research (Consolidation and Improvement) Bill 2014: First Stage (4 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to consolidate the Irish higher education and research sector so as to ensure a more efficient, responsible and effective...
- Fines (Payment and Recovery) Bill 2013: Committee Stage (16 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Fergus O'Dowd, to the House.
- Business of Seanad (11 speeches)
On a point of order, the Order of Business today refers to Committee Stage of the Fines (Payment and Recovery) Bill 2013. I am now told we are planning to take Committee and Remaining Stages....
- Fines (Payment and Recovery) Bill 2013: Committee Stage (Resumed) (1 speech)
Question proposed: "That section 8, as amended, stand part of the Bill."
- Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
I wish to amend the Order of Business to the effect that we take only Committee Stage of the Bill today and take Report Stage next week.
- Fines (Payment and Recovery) Bill 2013: Committee Stage (Resumed) (20 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That section 8, as amended, stand part of the Bill."
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Schools Amalgamation (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister. This is a very important issue in my area, Greenhills-Limekiln, involving the proposed amalgamation of three schools into one. The schools in question are St. Peter's...
- Obesity Strategy (5 speeches)
We have a problem with obesity. There has been significant research that shows that if children up to the age of 12 years are obese the likelihood of being obese into adulthood ranges from 80%...
- Child Care Services Inspections (6 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire. Tá mé thar a bheith buíoch go bhfuil sí tar éis an t-am a thógáil leis an gceist seo a fhreagairt. I welcome the Minister for...
- Planning Issues (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Jan O'Sullivan, to the House.