Tuesday, 16 July 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Paschal Mooney that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The strategy, if any, the Government has...
- Personal Explanation by Member (6 speeches)
Before I call the Leader of the House, Senator Norris wishes to make a personal explanation to the House. Before calling the Senator I want to make it clear that I will not allow any debate on...
- Order of Business (63 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re the proposal for a directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on the fight against fraud to the Union's financial interests by means of...
- Proposed EU Directive on Freedom, Security and Justice: Referral to Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in...
- Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013: Second Stage (Resumed) (87 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Bill 2013: Report Stage (51 speeches)
Before we begin, I would like to remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage, except the proposer of an amendment, who may reply to discussion on the amendment. Each...
- Land and Conveyencing Law Reform Bill 2013: Fifth Stage (7 speeches)
The question is, "That the Bill do now pass."
- Prison Development (Confirmation of Resolutions) Bill 2013: Second Stage (12 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Prison Development (Confirmation of Resolutions) Bill 2013: Committee and Remaining Stages (2 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Noxious Weeds (5 speeches)
It is appropriate that the Minister is taking this matter as I bring it before the House following a letter that appeared in The Irish Times recently from a constituent of his, a Ms Jane Jackson....
- Medical Card Eligibility (9 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for taking this matter. A medical card has been issued to the patient in question since I submitted the matter but it is only right to allow this debate continue...
- Missing Persons (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy John Perry, to the House.
- Job Creation Issues (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy John Perry, for taking this matter which is the very serious situation in which Portumna, County Galway, finds itself as a consequence of a number of...