Wednesday, 17 July 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Kathryn Reilly that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for the...
- Order of Business (38 speeches)
The Order of Business shall be No. 1, Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013 - Committee Stage, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business and to adjourn no later than 4 p.m.;...
- Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013: Committee Stage (292 speeches)
- Special Olympics Ireland: Motion (103 speeches)
I welcome representatives from Special Olympics Ireland to the Visitors Gallery.
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
As we ran over time on Private Members’ business, I propose an amendment to the Order of Business to extend the time for Committee and Remaining Stages of the Ministers and Secretaries...
- Ministers and Secretaries (Amendment) Bill 2012: Committee and Remaining Stages (11 speeches)
- An Bille um an Dara Leasú is Tríocha ar an mBunreacht (Deireadh a Chur le Seanad Éireann) 2013: Tairiscint chun Bille a chur faoi Athchúrsa - Thirty-second Amendment of the Constitution (Abolition of Seanad Éireann) Bill 2013: Motion to Recommit (33 speeches)
Before the debate on the Bill commences I would like to call on Senator Feargal Quinn who has given notice that under Standing Order 126 he is going to propose that the Thirty-second Amendment of...
- An Bille um an Dara Leasú is Tríocha ar an mBunreacht (Deireadh a Chur le Seanad Éireann) 2013: An Tuarascáil - Thirty-second Amendment of the Constitution (Abolition of Seanad Éireann) Bill 2013: Report Stage (313 speeches)
Before we commence, I remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage, except the proposer of an amendment, who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. Also, on Report...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Environmental Policy (2 speeches)
The issue I raise arises from proceedings in the European Parliament last week when the environment committee voted on and updated the environmental impact assessment Directive. One of the key...
- Child Protection Issues (3 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for selecting this issue for debate. I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Education and Skills, Deputy Ciarán Cannon. Last year the people...
- Garda Vetting Applications (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Deputy John Perry.
- Disability Allowance Appeals (8 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Perry, for coming here to answer my Adjournment matter. Can he explain the long delay in dealing with appeals for the disability allowance? I made...