Tuesday, 26 February 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Kathryn Reilly that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Social...
- Order of Business (17 speeches)
As the Order of Business is Nos. 1 to 13, inclusive, on the Order Paper, I asking for Members' co-operation in trying to conclude the Order of Business at 3 p.m., as the Minister is only...
- Readmission Agreements: Motion (13 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of the area of...
- Report on Child and Family Income Support: Statements (17 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Social Protection, Deputy Joan Burton, to the House.
- Eleventh Report of the Committee of Selection: Motion (1 speech)
The Committee of Selection reports that it has discharged Senator Marie-Louise O'Donnell from membership of the Seanad Public Consultation Committee at her own request and has appointed Senator...
- Report on Child and Family Income Support: Statements (Resumed) (25 speeches)
May I share my three minutes with Senator Landy?
- Ireland's Presidency of the European Council: Statements (33 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. We are dealing with Item No. 13. Ar aghaidh leat, a tAire Stáit. The Minister of State is entitled to a few seconds to draw her breath.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Free Travel Scheme Eligibility (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for taking this matter on the Adjournment. I have raised it because a replacement bus service for west Cavan has recently discovered that it cannot accept free bus...
- Harbours and Piers (7 speeches)
I thank the Minister, Deputy Varadkar, for coming to the House to take this issue. In many instances we do not get a line Minister in here and I appreciate his interest in this area. I have...
- Transition Year Programme (3 speeches)
As Fine Gael spokesperson for children in the Seanad, I was contacted by the parents of a child in a school in north Dublin. The school, which is a community college, has 60 places in transition...
- Library Projects (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister for taking this matter relating to the new library project in Ballinasloe. The public library service in Ballinasloe has suffered because the existing library building in...