Tuesday, 5 February 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator O'Donovan that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: To ask the Minister for the Environment,...
- Resignation of Member (2 speeches)
I wish to announce to the Seanad that I have received a letter from Senator Martin McAleese informing me of his resignation of membership of Seanad Éireann. It reads: Dear Cathaoirleach I...
- Order of Business (67 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re Planning and Development (Planning Enforcement) General Policy Directive 2013, to be taken without debate at the conclusion of the Order of Business; No....
- Planning and Development (Planning Enforcement) General Policy Directive 2013: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft:Planning and Development (Planning Enforcement) General Policy Directive 2013,copies of which have been laid in draft form...
- Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions) Bill 2012: Report Stage (14 speeches)
Before we commence, I remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage, except for the proposer of an amendment who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. On Report...
- Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions) Bill 2012: Fifth Stage (4 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill do now pass."
- Order of Business: Motion (19 speeches)
I call Senator Norris to move the motion. The contributions from all Senators are limited to five minutes each.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Garda Stations Refurbishment (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Justice and Equality, Deputy Kathleen Lynch, to the House.
- Visa Applications (3 speeches)
I am glad to have the opportunity to raise the issue of visas for Chinese visitors to this country, whether for business or tourism. This issue was raised in the Oireachtas Joint Committee on...
- Water and Sewerage Schemes (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Fergus O'Dowd.
- Sale of State Assets (2 speeches)
The matter relates to the proposed sale of the harvesting rights of Coillte. This arises under the EU-IMF programme, which asked the Government to consider selling some State assets to realise a...