Tuesday, 9 October 2012
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14:30
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Fiach Mac Conghail that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Arts,...
- Order of Business (63 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, statements on small and medium-sized enterprises week, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business and conclude not later than 5.45 p.m, with the...
- Visit of US Delegation (1 speech)
Seanad colleagues and the Leader will join with me in welcoming Mr. Cameron F. Kerry, general counsel of the US Department of Commerce, who is in the Distinguished Visitors Gallery. Tá fáilte...
- Order of Business (Resumed) (38 speeches)
I will not over-indulge on time. While the joint committee on agriculture was sitting in private session, I raised an issue that I now wish to put on the public record. In the past two weeks, a...
- Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises: Statements (30 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy John Perry, to the House.
- Radical Seanad Reform Through Legislative Change: Statements (Resumed) (4 speeches)
I wish to make a number of brief points, one of which was raised in the report. Since the 1937 Constitution, there have been ten reports on reform of the Seanad - I emphasise the word "reform" -...
- Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
I call on the acting Leader, Senator Colm Burke.
- Radical Seanad Reform Through Legislative Change: Statements (Resumed) (8 speeches)
I thank Senator Colm Burke and the Acting Chairman. I again thank the Leader for making available this time to respond to our document, "Open it, Don't Close It: Radical Seanad Reform Through...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- National Museum of Ireland (3 speeches)
As this is the first time I have raised a matter on the Adjournment, forgive me if I get the procedures wrong. I warmly welcome the Minister to the Seanad and extend my congratulations to him on...
- Health Service Staff (4 speeches)
I understand the Minister is also taking the matter I have raised, which relates to the recruitment of junior doctors. According to figures for 2011, there are 4,751 junior doctors employed in...
- Public Transport (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Transport, Deputy Alan Kelly, to the House.