Thursday, 7 July 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Thomas Byrne that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Order of Business (124 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 1, motion re the arrangements for tomorrow's sitting, to be taken without debate; No. 2, motion re the Harbours Acts 1996 to 2009 (Transfer of Functions of Dundalk Port...
- Business of Seanad: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in the Standing Orders relative to Public Business, on Friday, 8 July 2011, the Seanad shall meet at 10.30 a.m. and, unless it shall be otherwise ordered,...
- Harbours Acts 1996 to 2009 (Transfer of Functions of Dundalk Port Company): Draft Order (6 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Harbours Acts 1996 to 2009 (Transfer of Functions of Dundalk Port Company) Order 2011 copies of which have been laid in draft...
- EU Regulation on Mutual Recognition of Protection Measures in Civil Matters: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of...
- Public Health (Tobacco) (Amendment) Bill 2011: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend the Public Health (Tobacco) Act 2002.
- Public Health (Tobacco) (Amendment) Bill 2011: Second Stage (14 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Defence (Amendment) Bill 2011: Committee Stage (89 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2011: Report Stage and Final Stages. (72 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Justice and Law Reform, Deputy Alan Shatter, back to the House. Before we commence, I remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage except the...
- Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
The Leader of the House has indicated that he wishes to make a change to the Order of Business.
- Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2011: Report Stage (Resumed) (14 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 14:
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Schools Building Projects (3 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming and congratulate him on his appointment. He will make an excellent Minister of State and it is great for someone so young to rise so quickly. He is a...
- Job Creation (3 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. To give some background to tabling of this subject for discussion, in 2007 the former Oireachtas Joint Committee on Enterprise, Trade and Employment had a...