Thursday, 21 July 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator David Norris that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposed to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health to...
- Order of Business (83 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2011 - Committee and Final Stages, to commence on the conclusion of the Order of Business. Business will be interrupted from 1.15 p.m....
- Electoral Amendment Bill 2011: Committee Stage (10 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Third Report of Committee of Selection: Motion (1 speech)
The Committee of Selection reports that it has nominated Senators Ivana Bacik, Maurice Cummins, Deirdre Clune, David Cullinane, Rónán Mullen, Darragh O'Brien and Jillian van Turnhout to serve...
- Electoral Amendment Bill 2011: Committee Stage (Resumed) (36 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 1:
- Business of Seanad. (4 speeches)
I wish to propose an amendment to the Order of Business to the effect that after 2 p.m. the House should devote a further 60 minutes to the debate on Committee Stage. As a result, Committee...
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2011: Committee Stage (Resumed). (12 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 2:
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I wish to clarify the Order of Business. We are taking Committee and Remaining Stages now, to conclude not later than 4 p.m.
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2011: Committee Stage (Resumed) and Remaining Stages (75 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 3:
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2011: Motion for Earlier Signature (3 speeches)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the Commission constituted as provided in...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services (11 speeches)
Senator David Norris has been given permission to raise the matter of the future of Valentia Hospital, County Kerry. I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Kathleen Lynch.