Tuesday, 29 June 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Cecilia Keaveney that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for...
- Order of Business (136 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re combating the sexual abuse and sexual exploitation of children and child pornography, to be taken without debate at the conclusion of the Order of...
- European Union Treaty: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of the area of...
- Criminal Justice (Amendment) Act 2009: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann resolves that section 8 of the Criminal Justice (Amendment) Act 2009 (No. 32 of 2009) shall continue in operation for the period beginning on 23rd July, 2010 and...
- Post-Release (Restrictions on Certain Activities) Orders Scheme 2010: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Post-Release (Restrictions on Certain Activities) Orders Scheme 2010, copies of which were laid in draft form before Seanad...
- Electricity Regulation (Amendment) (Carbon Revenue Levy) Bill 2010: Committee Stage (4 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Visit of Australian Delegation (1 speech)
Before I call on the Minister to reply, Members of the House will join me in welcoming Senator John Hogg, President of the Senate of Australia, and a delegation from the Australian Parliament....
- Electricity Regulation (Amendment) (Carbon Revenue Levy) Bill 2010: Committee Stage (Resumed) and Remaining Stages (16 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 1:
- Business of Seanad (7 speeches)
I seek the support of the House to suspend the sitting for a further ten minutes until 4.55 p.m. The Minister is on his way.
- Road Traffic Bill 2009: Second Stage (44 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
I propose the suspension of the House until 7.40 p.m.
- Business of Seanad. (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business, that Second Stage of the Road Traffic Bill 2009 be extended to 8.30 p.m. and that the Minister will be called on no later than 8.20 p.m. to reply.
- Road Traffic Bill 2009: Second Stage (Resumed) (29 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Respite Care Services (3 speeches)
I thank the Chathaoirleach for selecting this matter and Senator Keaveney for allowing me to take her place. I refer to the reduction in funding made available to organisations providing...
- Mobile Telephony (4 speeches)
I raise the issue of mobile telephone coverage and the need for all-Ireland packages. If the Minister does much travelling around Ireland, he will be familiar with this issue. If not, he has a...
- Schools Building Projects (9 speeches)
I seek an updated report on the purchase of a site for Gaelscoil de hÍde in Oranmore, followed by the construction of the school. This is an incredible story, and it is difficult to believe it...