Wednesday, 10 February 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Joe O'Reilly that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Order of Business (147 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Dog Breeding Establishments Bill 2009 — Committee Stage, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business; No. 2, statements on CAO applications and...
- Business of Seanad (8 speeches)
Before calling Senator Glynn I welcome Councillor Paddy Smith from Cavan to the Visitors Gallery.
- Dog Breeding Establishments Bill 2009: Committee Stage (74 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Michael Finneran.
- Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
I ask the Leader to clear up the confusion regarding the Order of Business.
- Dog Breeding Establishments Bill 2009: Committee Stage (Resumed) (11 speeches)
Sections 3 to 6, inclusive, agreed to.
- CAO Applications and College Places: Statements (52 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. We will now hear statements on the matter of CAO applications and college places. Spokespersons have ten minutes, while all other Senators have seven minutes.
- Youth Unemployment: Motion (56 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann notes with concern the rise in joblessness in Ireland, in particular the rise in youth unemployment; and calls on the Government to implement a jobs strategy,...
- Schools Building Projects (5 speeches)
At the outset, I would like to provide a quick chronology of events at Kingscourt. I would also like to acknowledge that Councillor David Blake from Kingscourt has been working very hard on this...
- School Curriculum (5 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for allowing me to raise this issue. It has been brought to my attention that other parts of the world have self-awareness programmes for young people, particularly in...