Wednesday, 21 June 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
There are no matters on the Adjournment today, but I remind Senators of the provision under Standing Order 29, which states that a Senator must give notice in writing of any matter that he or she...
- Order of Business. (36 speeches)
The Order of Business is Nos. 1 to 3, inclusive, and No. 24, motion 21. No. 1, statements on adult and further education, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude...
- Visit of French Delegation. (1 speech)
Before I call the next speaker, I am sure Members will wish to join with me in welcoming a parliamentary delegation from France led by Mr. Yves Deniaud, chairman of the French-Irish Parliamentary...
- Order of Business (Resumed). (79 speeches)
I share my colleagues' concerns about the extraordinary rise in house prices. There is a middle class investment in this matter and a paradox in that many people are quite pleased by the...
- Adult and Further Education: Statements. (29 speeches)
I am glad to have the opportunity to present this overview of recent developments in adult and further education in Ireland. In the knowledge society, a well-developed education and training...
- European Communities (Amendment) Bill 2006: Committee and Remaining Stages. (3 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- National Economic and Social Development Office Bill 2002: Report and Final Stages. (116 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Tom Kitt, to the House. Before calling on him to speak, I would like to welcome the leader of Fine Gael, Deputy Enda Kenny, and a group from Killavalley,...
- Social Partnership Agreement: Motion. (71 speeches)
I wish to inform the House that the names of the Labour Party Senators are to be added to the signatories of the amendment to the motion. I call on Senator O'Rourke to move the motion.