Wednesday, 14 June 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Kitt that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and...
- Order of Business. (49 speeches)
The Order of Business is Nos. 1 to 3, inclusive, and No. 27, motion 21. No. 1, the Road Traffic Bill 2006 — Committee Stage, is to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business until 1.30...
- Road Traffic Bill 2006: Committee Stage. (123 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Business of Seanad. (9 speeches)
I ask the Members, through the Cathaoirleach, if they felt a half hour at this stage would complete Committee Stage? I have been checking the amendments which have been disposed of, and a large...
- Road Traffic Bill 2006: Committee Stage (Resumed). (7 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 59 and 60 are related and may be discussed together by agreement of the House.
- Health (Repayment Scheme) Bill 2006: Report and Final Stages (11 speeches)
A Senator may speak only once on Report Stage except in the case of a proposer of an amendment, who may reply to the discussion thereon. Each amendment must be seconded on Report Stage.
- Business of Seanad. (2 speeches)
I wish to make a proposal to the House regarding a change to the Order of Business. The Road Traffic Bill 2006, Committee Stage, will resume on the completion of Private Members' business. If the...
- European Communities (Amendment) Bill 2006: Second Stage. (7 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Use of Irish Airports: Motion. (85 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann, in light of: —developments in Iraq; —the recent publication of the Council of Europe Report on CIA Rendition Flights; and —the confusion surrounding the legal...
- Road Traffic Bill 2006: Committee Stage (Resumed). (76 speeches)
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Health Services. (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children, Deputy Brian Lenihan, for coming into the House. He takes a particular interest in disability. I met the Brothers of...
- University Properties. (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Brian Lenihan, to the House. This motion seeks that the Minister for Education and Science insists on the retention of the UCD research farm at Lyons...
- Schools Building Projects. (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Brian Lenihan, for coming to the House to discuss this important matter. I see him looking at the clock so I will not delay him further. The vocational...