Friday, 2 June 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator John Paul Phelan that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for...
- Order of Business. (17 speeches)
The Order of Business is Nos. a1 and b1 on the Supplementary Order Paper. No. a1, Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2006 — Second Stage, to be taken at 3.30 p.m. and to conclude not later...
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2006: Second Stage. (34 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2006: Committee Stage. (19 speeches)
- Business of Seanad. (10 speeches)
We stated earlier that we would allow extra time on Second Stage if necessary, but it ended quickly. We are now on Committee Stage which is due to end at 6.45 p.m., according to the Order of...
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2006: Committee Stage (Resumed). (35 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That section 2 stand part of the Bill."
- Business of Seanad. (21 speeches)
On a point of order——
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2006: Committee Stage (Resumed) and Remaining Stages. (26 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 6 and 7 are related and may be discussed together. Is that agreed? Agreed.
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2006: Motion for Earlier Signature. (3 speeches)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Criminal Law (Sexual...