Wednesday, 24 May 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Fergal Browne that he proposes to raise the following matter on the Adjournment: The need for the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform to outline the...
- Order of Business. (93 speeches)
The Order of Business is Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 24, motion 22. No. 1, a motion referred to the Joint Committee on Finance and the Public Service which has completed its deliberations concerning the...
- Freedom of Information Act: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the following regulations in draft: Freedom of Information Act 1997 (Prescribed Bodies) Regulations 2006, copies of which were laid in draft form before...
- Employment Permits Bill 2005: Second Stage. (51 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- School Transport: Statements. (52 speeches)
I am pleased the Seanad has decided to discuss school transport this afternoon. I welcome the opportunity to outline the range of measures my Department has put in place in recent times to...
- Road Safety Authority Bill 2004: Report Stage. (23 speeches)
Before commencing, I remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage, except the proposer of an amendment, who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. On Report Stage...
- Local Authority Operations: Motion. (17 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Eireann, noting public concern about: —the role of management companies in new housing estates, and charges being imposed on residents; —conflicts of interest which can...
- Road Safety Authority Bill 2004: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage. (16 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 4:
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Health Services. (2 speeches)
At present, there is a delay in the vetting procedure for people who have been approved to work in the home care sector. They have been appointed and have been allocated their patients but they...